Timbuk2 Designs, Inc. designs, manufacture and markets messenger bags and accessories for the outdoor, bicycle, computer, fashion and travel goods market segments.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Apparel and Sewn Goods,
The Fabric Cutter is responsible for cutting fabric in a productive, high performing, and safety conscious work environment for the team. The major role of the Fabric Cutter is to support the production team by cutting the required fabric used for finished goods.
• Plan how much material to cut with minimal waste
• Mark fabric using premade patterns
• Decide on the correct cutting method for the type of material
• Decide on the correct number of layers of fabric to stack and cut
• Cut fabric following the patterns using electric cutters and scissors
• Ensure the work area remains clean and organized
• Store fabrics correctly and check stock levels
• Must have cutting experience
• Must have experience cutting multiple layers of fabric
• Working knowledge of fabrics, linings, etc.
• Able to identify fabric problems
• Must have solid interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Ability to work in a multitasking work environment and prioritize workload.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and interact positively with others.
• Skills to communicate clearly
• Ability to create an environment conducive to teamwork.
• Customer Solutions Approach. Must hold self and others accountable.
• Strong listening skills
• Capable of welcoming constructive criticism
• Able to lift and carry up to 50lbs
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements