Heath Ceramics Website
What began as a historic pottery in 1948, has evolved into a collection of businesses anchored in designing and making products, spaces, and experiences of exceptional beauty and uncompromising integrity. We are a manufacturer, led by design and sustainable business practices. We have a very diverse workplace of around 200 employees that encompasses manufacturing, retail, design, communications, digital, and administrative functions. Our original Sausalito location houses our dinnerware factory and showroom. Heath San Francisco houses our tile factory, along with a showroom, and clay studio; our SF Ferry Building location is a small, but mighty, showroom; and Heath LA, a showroom and clay studio. Learn more about our company, at heathceramics.com.
The Fabrication Specialist is responsible for designing, prototyping, and implementing concepts for new machines and equipment for Heath’s manufacturing facilities. This role will also be involved in a variety of maintenance and repair functions individually and collaboratively at our 60,000 sq ft facility that houses retail, manufacturing, administrative, and a clay studio space.
This position is a full-time, non-exempt role that will be onsite at our San Francisco factory. There may be a need, occasionally, to visit our Sausalito factory to access projects but all fabrication work is done in the San Francisco fabrication shop. This role reports to the Facilities Manager.
- Responsible for the full cycle of the fabrication process from drawings, build-out, painting, and repairs; this applies to new and existing equipment
- Management and upkeep of Heath’s fabrication shop, includes keeping consumables in stock, machine maintenance, and tools specifications
- Specifies and procures materials to support machine fabrication and repair and modification projects
- Works closely with the production managers and staff to improve or iterate on machines and equipment on continuous improvement
- Provide support in facility planning, assist with drawings or other forms of layout documentation
- Fabrication projects will include the use of a variety of metals, plastics, and wood
- Fabrication projects will incorporate mechanical systems, pneumatic systems, electrical systems and plumbing systems
- Two-year technical school certificate programs, a BS degree, or equivalent work experience
- Solidworks experience preferred or other 3D modeling software and familiarity with GoogleSuite
- One year of experience operating a Bridgeport mill, lathe, MIG/TIG welders, bandsaw, sheet metal brake, table saw, and miter saw
- Understanding electrical circuits, wiring diagrams, motors, and electrical controls a plus
Physical Requirements (Medium to Heavy):
- The ability to transport supplies and other materials (up to 50 lbs. at a time).
- Other activities, including climbing, balancing, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, repetitive motion, grasping, and feeling.
$28-$31 hourly, based on experience
We are committed to your health and well-being. Heath offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees that includes a choice of medical plans, dental, vision, acupuncture and chiropractic, as well life insurance. An annual 401(k) contribution that grows with job tenure. Our Employee Stock Ownership Plan provides an additional retirement benefit linked to the long-term performance of the company. We offer a generous time off allocation and a great discount on all Heath Ceramics products.
Monday- Friday, hours flexible but typically 7am - 3pm
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements