Heath Ceramics Website
What began as a historic pottery in 1948, has evolved into a collection of businesses anchored in designing and making products, spaces, and experiences of exceptional beauty and uncompromising integrity. We are a manufacturer, led by design and sustainable business practices. We have a very diverse workplace of around 200 employees that encompasses manufacturing, retail, design, communications, digital, and administrative functions. Our original Sausalito location houses our dinnerware factory and showroom. Heath San Francisco houses our tile factory, along with a showroom, and clay studio; our SF Ferry Building location is a small, but mighty, showroom; and Heath LA, a showroom and clay studio. Learn more about our company, at heathceramics.com.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Advanced Manufacturing,
The Facilities Engineering Supervisor assists the Facilities Manager in providing supervision to our Maintenance Mechanic and Facilities Equipment Cleaner/Painter. While also performing a variety of facilities support activities individually and collaboratively at our 66,000 square foot facility in the San Francisco manufacturing, retail & administrative space. The Facilities Engineering Supervisor assembles, troubleshoots, repairs, and performs preventive maintenance for ceramics manufacturing equipment, performs maintenance and repairs on our building, maintains and improves worker environments and conducts general cleanup and organization. This role will require proficiency in fabrication skills such as use of Lathes, Bridgeport mill, MIG and TIG welding. The position requires proficiency in the maintenance of mechanical systems, electrical control systems, pneumatic and gas fired equipment systems. In addition, this role shares responsibility for keeping the building and grounds in clean and orderly condition and provides event support.
- Maintain building and grounds to meet high standards of safety, appearance and function
- Complete projects related to improving environments for production workers and retail staff
- Organize and maintain common areas
- Perform other assigned work may include: painting, concrete repair, replacement of filters, equipment cleaning, emptying dust collectors etc.
- Disposal of hazardous materials per protocol
- Machinery Maintenance
Works closely alongside Maintenance Mechanic and Senior Janitorial Lead to provide a broad range of services to ensure our plant and equipment are available and performing at their best.
- Perform regularly scheduled maintenance
- Maintain production equipment and ensure highest possible uptime and lowest cost of operation achieved from all facility equipment in support of production lines
- Provide equipment and process improvement ideas and solutions
- Follow safety guidelines and notify management of safety concerns
- Facilities Equipment Cleaner/Painter
Supervise Facilities Equipment Cleaner/Painter to ensure daily, weekly and monthly tasks are completed to a high standard.
- Continual training of new daily, weekly and monthly tasks, zero waste and Lean 5S program
Work with Retail and Design staff on event setup, which may include working at heights, moving heavy objects and fabrication of support materials
- Monitor and assist staff during events
- Directs the work of employees
- Makes hiring recommendations in conjunction with the manager
- Develops training plans, motivates, and creates individual goals
- Contributes to Talent Card
- Does not set pay or determine merit increases
- Sets hours of work
- Minimum of two years of experience working in a similar environment
- Proficiency in machine mechanics, electrical motor controls, pneumatic controls, hydraulic controls, and basic plumbing
- Fabrication skills such as use of Lathes, Bridgeport mill, MIG and TIG welding
- Excellent understanding of safety principles and strong safety track record
- Able to work independently and proactively identify maintenance needs and execute repairs
- Pursue quality, improvement and pride in craftsmanship
- Follow instructions consistently and accurately
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Utilizes computer maintenance management system to track preventative maintenance
- Team and Customer oriented
Physical Requirements (Medium to Heavy):
- The ability to transport furniture, supplies, and other materials (up to 50 lbs. at a time).
- Other activities, including climbing, balancing, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, repetitive motion, grasping, and feeling.
- Visual Acuity Requirements (including color, depth perception, and field vision)
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: cleaning and maintaining surfaces; visual inspection of machinery. The worker will also need visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- B.S Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Advanced CAD, Solidworks or similar
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus
$71,000 to $74,00, based on experience
We are committed to your health and well-being. Heath offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees that includes a choice of medical plans, dental, vision, acupuncture, and chiropractic, as well life insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees. An annual 401(k) contribution that grows with job tenure. Our Employee Stock Ownership Plan provides an additional retirement benefit linked to the long-term performance of the company. We offer a generous time-off allocation and a great discount on all Heath Ceramics products.
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
Proud Equal Opportunity Employer At Heath, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it. Heath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce at all job levels. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. How to Apply If you would like to be considered for this position, please send your resume and a cover letter that speaks directly to the position. Thank you for your interest!