Obour Foods Website
Obour Foods is a small, local producer of gourmet hummus and tahini, founded in San Francisco in 2017. We currently operate in eight farmers' markets around the Bay Area but are growing quickly. Many say our hummus is the best they’ve ever had.
- Hours: Part-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
The Farmers Market Operations Manager is responsible for all aspects related to smooth operation of our weekly markets. He or she will oversee and manage our network of farmers’ markets and salespeople across the Bay Area, and will be the first line of defense in emergencies on market days.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Two “home base” farmers markets that you work each week, but must be willing to travel to other markets in emergencies.
- Manage scheduling and hiring of farmers market staff.
- Ensure that all employees are clocked-in and where they need to be on market days.
- Fill-in for market staff when needed and during emergencies.
- Gain intimate knowledge of all Obour Foods products and their preparation
- Return to HQ at end of day to help unpack and repack coolers. Manage and replace market equipment as needed.
What we’re looking for:
- You’re a morning person who can consistently wake up early on weekends. You have a good work ethic (dependability and punctuality is a must).
- Experience managing an operation with many moving parts while providing great customer service.
- You're not shy, and you're capable of being friendly & engaging with strangers for up to 6 hours straight.
- Cool and calm under pressure. Able to think of solutions on your feet.
- The ability to lead from the front. Building trust and respect through dependability and follow through.
- Fluent in English
- You have the ability to lift up to 50lbs, can set-up a 10'x10' canopy on your own, and can travel to the work location reliably and on-time each week.
- Must have own vehicle and be willing to travel in emergencies
$22/hr + hummus
Part Time - Saturdays & Sundays: 8am - 2pm, 4pm-6pm, with admin work during the week as needed
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
Equal Opportunity Employer. Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, women, gender non-conforming people, persons with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ people, veterans, and adults of all ages are strongly encouraged to apply. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.