Fort Point Beer Company
Fort Point Beer Company Website
Fort Point is an independent San Francisco beer company made up of people who believe the simple things in life can be a whole lot better. Our approach to brewing is to make the familiar taste unusually delicious. We’re influenced by the craft brewing tradition, but we’re also allergic to dogma. We care most about making beers worth coming back to—beers that people are proud to enjoy and share with each other.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
Field Sales Managers are our “boots on the ground” within each of our sales territories, they are responsible for daily distributor relationship management, working with brand managers & distributor reps directly. They are also responsible for directly fostering relationships with retail accounts & buyers.
Field Sales Managers are responsible for all sales activity within their territory, national accounts, on premise & off premise, including directly selling and managing to “key accounts”, “tastemakers” & high volume accounts.
Field Sales Managers are responsible for managing beer festivals and account based events within their territory.
*Candidates are expected to have a strong knowledge of Marin & Sonoma*
Responsibilities / Expectations Distributor Management:
- Daily communication with distributor brand manager or equivalent
- Help execute on established Annual Business Plan ABP
- Revise & adjust ABP throughout the year
- Help in presenting sales & marketing plans to distributors
- Tracking distributor performance via iDig
- Maintain distributor inventory and avoid out of stocks and over stocks
- Facilitate product launches
- Limited beer allocations
- Presell lists
- Inventory and point-of-sale (POS) management
- Must stay within all allocated budgets
- Distributor rep beer & pitch education
- Use VIP to identify sales opportunities & gaps
- Directly call on “key accounts”, “tastemakers” & high volume accounts
- Identify high values accounts
- Ensuring mandated placements are executed upon
- Identity territory specific sales opportunities: venus, tastemakers etc.
- Enforce merchandising standards
- Enforce freshness standards
- Creating and execute promotions & events at on and off premise accounts
- Stay up to date on product knowledge
- Understand beer ecosystem and local competitors
- Stay up to date on beer industry trends and current market trends
- 3+ in wholesale sales experience
- Experience using CRM as well as PM software tools
- Previous experience directly managing National/Regional Account Category Directors & Managers
- Must possess the ability to consistently deal with ever-changing conditions and follow differing procedures established by each chain customer
- Problem-solving, negotiating, and people management skills
- Candidate must have a passion for craft beer as well as being well-connected to the craft brewing community and marketplace
$70,000 + 10% Sales Incentive Bonus
Paid vacation time (2 weeks); Paid sick time (3 days); Health Care: 100% Employer contribution to Kaiser Gold plan and 50% for Dependents Eligible for Dental, Vision, Accident, Life, and Identity Theft group plans; Eligible for Pet Insurance group plan; Non Matching 401(k) Commuter pre-tax benefits; Medical and Dependent Care FSA pre-tax benefits; Beer and Food benefits
Other Application Requirements
Fort Point Beer Co. is committed to equal employment opportunity in all of its employment practices and makes employment decisions for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protect by state or federal law.