Dandelion Chocolate Website
Dandelion Chocolate is a bean-to-bar chocolate maker and cafe in San Francisco’s Mission District. We make chocolate from only two ingredients, cocoa beans and cane sugar, and travel to origin as often as we can to build good, trusting relationships with the producers who grow and ferment our beans. We’re seeking an experienced Fine Dining Manager to manage our chocolate salon Bloom and the guest experience at our factory and cafe on 16th Street, where we tell our story and share our passion for chocolate.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, women, gender non-conforming people, persons with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ people, veterans, and adults of all ages are strongly encouraged to apply. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
About the Role:
A typical day at Bloom begins with getting ready for service, ensuring that every detail reflects the elevated chocolate experience that Dandelion is known for. We’re looking for a leader who is excited to help create a world-class experience for everyone from the chocolate novice to the industry expert (and is savvy enough to know the difference) in the context of a chocolate-focused fine dining dessert salon inside of a working chocolate factory. Collaborating with the team is as important as leading one. Your day starts by connecting with our kitchen team, making sure your team is prepared for the day’s tables and any known VIPs, and preparing an onboarding packet and scheduling training for a new team member. As the day progresses, you’ll need to recognize issues and know how to escalate them such as noticing that we’re unexpectedly low on a particular champagne, there is a scratch on the brass wall, and there is a new dish on the menu that the team needs to be trained on. You respond by connecting with our Executive Pastry Chef to purchase more bubbly, calling our janitorial team to alert them to the scratch that needs attention, and walking each team member through the new menu item including the ingredients and how to serve it. Above all, you are a support system for the team and are always willing to jump in and lend a hand. Working alongside your team, you’ll create unique, memorable experiences for our guests as well as foster a caring, stable, and supportive environment for the team.
Our ideal candidate is a mature, team-oriented manager with fine dining leadership experience who is equally enthusiastic about supporting the team and the guest experience. You have the experience to know that no plan ever goes perfectly -- team members call out sick, products are out of stock, and machines break -- and you always have a Plan B in your back pocket. Your style of leadership balances both type-A rigor with empathetic soft skills and collaborative communication. You’ve previously built long-standing systems like checklists, guidelines, and documentation that help the team operate at its best, even (especially) when your reservations book is full and there is even more happening behind the scenes. In addition to leadership skills, you have the soft skills to understand a team member’s long-term motivation and to help them map a career path in chocolate and hospitality. You will be measured on your ability to support your team in providing world-class guest experiences, the tenure of your team members, how well you keep the salon’s daily operations humming, your team’s trust & respect, your leadership values, and your ability to continuously improve our guest experiences at Bloom.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Senior Manager/Supervisior,
- Systems and Processes -- Maintain smooth daily operations: provide tools for team members to continuously improve, make sure supplies and tools are available, keep the space gorgeous and organized, periodically audit checklists, provide the team with daily plans, prepare weekly deposits, assist with payroll, serve as a double-check on inventory and scheduling, and maintain food and safety standards for health and safety compliance.
- Leadership -- Proactively contribute ideas to leadership discussions, work with the team to continually improve guest experiences, and streamline team operations so that we improve each year. Understand your resources, delegate tasks, and work closely with the team to ensure the highest levels of hospitality and minimize surprises. You are as comfortable leading a guest through our chocolate samples to find exactly the right bar as you are stepping on to the floor to serve tables, or handling an escalated guest issue while also ensuring that our dishware backstock is adequate.
- Teamwork - Successfully operating a fine dining destination inside of a working chocolate factory means that cross-team management is critical to the success of this person in this role. Being able to develop strong working relationships with our kitchen, cafe, production, and events teams are a base expectation of this role.
- Special Events - Bloom is an exquisite space and an in demand location for private events. We’ve hosted everything from birthday parties to intimate wedding receptions. You will work closely with our events and Chocolate Experiences team to build and execute special events with the team to the highest standard on a regular basis.
- Hospitality -- Maintain a world-class level of hospitality and serve as a role model for the team. Continually look for ways to improve the guest experience and delight visitors and team members alike. You work with the team to create systems that could be rolled out to new locations. Create staffing plans that optimize efficiency and hospitality.
- Goals and Results -- Learn to use tools such as When I Work, Square, Resy, and SKULabs to track sales, equipment, and purchases so we can see our year-to-year progress and make goals for the year ahead.
- Other tasks as necessary
- Flexible Schedule -- For this full-time role, hours are focused on evening, weekends, and holidays. We plan to open initially Friday-Sunday (additional hours on your schedule will include events, maintenance of the space, prep for service, and administrative needs), and intend for those hours (and the team and service offerings) to grow and change with the business over time.
- Leadership Experience -- You have at least one year of fine dining leadership experience in a food or hospitality industry where world-class guest service is essential. You know how to handle tricky situations, understand that fine dining has its own particulars in this arena, and have the steady confidence to keep a level head when the team needs you most.
- Technical & Computer Aptitude -- You have the computer skills to develop checklists and training materials, maintain email filters to prioritize your Inbox in your quest for Inbox 0, and confidently handle tricky social media reviews.
- Mechanical Know-How -- When the ice machine breaks, or the chocolate-warmer is on the fritz, you can troubleshoot minor issues and interface with service professionals as necessary to ensure that guests never notice.
- Excellent Communication Skills -- This role depends upon maintaining strong relationships across multiple teams and locations. Your strong verbal and written skills make it easy to handle guest issues, respond to emails, lead training programs, and build trust across departments.
TBD, depending on experience
The benefits and perks continue beyond a robust chocolate and coffee education. Dandelion Chocolate constantly invests in our people and culture. All team members receive medical, vision, and dental benefits as well as the option to enroll in our 401k program. All employees receive paid vacation time, holiday pay, and paid sick time. In addition, our team members enjoy commuter benefits, FSAs, local gym discounts, chocolate tasting opportunities, the chance to travel to origin and our Japan locations, and a range of opportunities to grow and develop within the company.
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
Dandelion Chocolate is growing and we are invested in employees who take ownership over their role in order to contribute in a bigger way with us. To stand out from the crowd, send us your resume and a cover letter that details your favorite food experience and the best team you’ve ever worked with. Keep in mind that we value passion, attitude, and hard work, so tell us what inspires you to join our café team.