One Hat One Hand
One Hat One Hand Website
We are a privately held, San Francisco-based creative company, designing and building unique works of art primarily for corporate clients, architecture and interior design firms as well as public arts commissions. Our staff is an inspired group of artists, craftspeople, designers, and project managers working together as One Hat One Hand. We collaborate with our clients every step of the way, taking pride in the talents and creative skills of our team and we work hard to produce seemingly impossible installations through thoughtful design, hands-on fabrication, and technology integration. Feel free to view some of the projects that have excited us over the years at www.onehatonehand.com.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Advanced Manufacturing,
The Finishing Department Manager is responsible for all painting and scenic treatments for a diverse range of ongoing jobs. Quality control is of utmost importance. Ability to create, and thus teach scenic painting techniques and surface treatments to staff.
This role requires a proven ability in personnel management and time budgeting, excellent work ethic including attention to detail, workflow management, self-motivation, and the ability to collaborate with a diverse team.
Reports To: Production Manager
- Works in conjunction with Project Managers and Designers, oversees Painters and Scenic Artists
- Manages the workflow and personnel of a busy Finishing Dept
- Ensure proper safety practices/procedures and equipment are used, including identification and proper disposal of hazardous/toxic liquids or materials.
- Scheduling necessary labor for job (in conjunction with Production Manager)
- Initial conversations with estimators around budgeting jobs
- Executing projects within budget and timeline constraints
- Maintaining an orderly paint shop
- Expand One Hat One Hand’s capabilities through research of new products and techniques, and training therein
Facilities Management / Materials:
- Supervise maintenance of finishing equipment
- Maintain inventory of paint department materials
- Ensure paint kit are ready for installations, with any relevant documentation/ instructions
- Maintain record of finishing materials and processes used for each project
- Maintain work logs for our spraybooths
- Produce samples as needed, with clear documentation
- Attend production meetings and other meetings as needed
- Perform and supervise painting of scenic elements
- Manage and execute to meet deadlines
- Ensure quality standards are met
- Confirm approval of final product by project manager and client before delivery and installation
- Ensure completed projects are protected and packed properly for a successful delivery and installation
- Familiarity with and use of limited heavy equipment, such as scissor lifts and boom lifts
- Installation of project elements across varied locations, as needed.
- Develop partnerships with other trades/vendors.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience with a variety of styles and techniques of painting
- Color mixing, layout, and faux treatment skills
- Interpret designers' paint elevations and develop them into full-scale scenic treatments
- Ability to organize and maintain inventory of painting supplies and tools
- Be comfortable working at heights on ladders and personnel lifts
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to work with an active production team and supervise groups
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack, Adobe and other Software tools as required
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Clear, correct, and effective communication using the English language
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS:
- Ability to lift 50 lbs pounds of equipment and supplies as needed
- Indoor warehouse environment with moderate noise
Other Application Requirements
In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.