Andytown Coffee Roasters
Andytown Coffee Roasters Website
Andytown is a San Francisco-based coffee company founded in the Outer Sunset in 2014. As a team of coffee nerds and culinary professionals we are dedicated to making and serving the very best of what we offer while making specialty coffee approachable and enjoyable for everyone. Our commitment to sourcing, roasting, and brewing amazing coffee combined with our enthusiasm for hospitality has earned us a loyal following.
At Andytown, we are committed to creating good jobs. We value diversity and always consider job applicants based on work experience, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We consider all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We are looking to hire a full-time General Manager that will oversee and manage the daily operations of a new Andytown cafe project. This role will be part of the Retail Team and provide support in the areas of retail operations, customer service, location-specific employee management, as well as supporting many other areas. This person will need to have a strong knowledge base in food service operations and management to succeed in the role. We are looking for someone with strong organizational skills and a keen understanding of effective communication.
This is not a remote position and candidates should be available for on-site work as public health guidance allows.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Oversee daily operations of the cafe
- Work with HR and the training teams to hire and train cafe staff
- Work with Director of Biz Ops to understand cafe financials and make adjustments accordingly
- Oversee and maintain the retail shelves, including creating partnerships with local vendors
- Organize and oversee staff schedules
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy
- Make sure cleanliness standards of the cafe are maintained daily
- Role model and coach team on the highest level of customer service
- Provide shift coverage in emergency situations
- Learn and maintain knowledge of all Andytown products, act as quality control for all products
- Oversee and maintain unbranded retail element of the cafe
- Uphold Andytown’s philosophy of leading by example and promoting a safe and welcoming workplace
- Other duties may also be assigned
You should be highly organized, proactive, a natural problem-solver, and able to multitask with ease in a fast-paced environment. Regardless of the task, you will be expected to demonstrate good judgment and professional etiquette. You must have extraordinary communication skills that allow you to interact with a diverse group of people.
- Knowledge of employee management; hiring, onboarding, training, scheduling, and performance reviews
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills – ability to solve problems, think creatively, and resolve conflicts
- Ability to convey information effectively
- Ability to work as a part of a team
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to coach staff on policies and procedures
- Familiarity with food handling, safety, and other food service guidelines
- Proficient with Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, & Slack
- ServeSafe Manger Food Certification completed within 30-days of hire
- Occasionally write by hand, twist/bend/stoop/squat, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 15 pounds
- Comfortability working in a small space in close proximity to others in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to traverse all parts of the cafe quickly
- Ability to lift 25-50 pounds
- Ability to stand up to 8+ hours
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, Andytown will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job
Preferred: 2+ related experience as a manager in the food service industry
Options to join Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance OR SF Medical Reimbursement Account, options to join Cal Savers IRA, and options to join commuter and flexible savings account after 60 days of employment. Sick pay starts accruing on the first day of hire and can be used after the 90th day of employment.
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
Thanks for your interest in this position! Please include why this role excites you and why you feel there is a fit between your experience and this role, so please write a summary in your application. An interesting question to consider alongside that: What does “hospitality” mean to you?