Andytown Coffee Roasters
Andytown Coffee Roasters Website
We are a growing team of coffee and food professionals dedicated to serving amazing coffee and decadent pastries in San Francisco. Founded in March of 2014 in the Outer Sunset, Andytown is dedicated to sourcing, roasting, and brewing the best coffee we possibly can while also offering the comfort and hospitality of granny's kitchen. We are firm believers that specialty coffee and food is something for everyone to enjoy and our dedication to customer service has created a loyal following of people from all walks of life.
About the Job:
We are looking for someone who is committed to the long-term health and success of our Downtown flagship cafe located on 181 Fremont St. General Managers are responsible for all hiring/firing, employee reviews, and scheduling for their location in addition to working with the Assistant Manager or Lead of their location to make sure that orders are placed, employees receive their breaks, and that all food and drink products meet the Andytown standard.
This is a full-time salaried role with a starting annual salary of $60,000. Job perks include working with a professional and fun-loving team, an amazing snack selection, health, dental, and vision benefits, the option to join CalSavers Roth IRA, options to join commuter benefits and flexible savings account for dependent care, accommodating employee schedules, paid time off, and access to all the coffee you can drink!
At Andytown, we are committed to creating good jobs. We value diversity and always consider job applicants based on work experience, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We consider all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
- Working with the Assistant Manager to oversee the daily operations of the café space; coordinating delivery logistics and communicating any changes to the receiving team, ensuring the safety of your team, resolving conflict with customers, and handling unpredictable situations as they arise
- Ensuring that the schedule is published a month in advance, working with the team to get them the best schedule that we can give within our shared limitations
- Ensuring timely submissions of timesheets to the accounting department every payroll week
- Handling all equipment issues by contacting the tech department whenever necessary, including Square register equipment issues.
- Oversee monthly inventories, submitting reports to the accounting department in a timely manner
- Make sure the café is clean at all times. Work with the Assistant Manager to make sure that cleanliness standards are maintained throughout the day as well as executing regular deep cleans
- You will be the first stop for shift coverage and helping team find coverage for shifts; This might mean working a double shift or working on your day off in emergency situations.
- Responsible for supervising the employees at your location; overseeing the hiring, review process and life cycle of the employee, including reviews, discipline, and termination when necessary
- Hold employees accountable to quality control standards, job performance, and company values
- Responsible for holding the staff accountable for job duties and customer service issues; timely ordering of supplies, communicating any issues as they arise, and ensuring that the daily operations run smoothly, and the café and equipment are clean throughout service and end of day.
- Ensuring your staff members take their breaks and understand break-laws; recording conversations regarding breaks with timesheets submissions
- Maintaining records of all conversations involving 30-minute unpaid lunches and submit with timesheets for payroll archiving.
- Communicating any job performance or safety issues to HR whenever situations arise
- Conducting regular staff meetings to make sure team is knowledgeable of new products, training procedures, and company updates
- Listen to your team when they tell you something is broken. Fix it. Know how to see through the “what” to the “why”. Is your team bringing up a real problem? Or just a symptom of a larger issue? Give regular feedback to your fellow managers, and be open to receiving feedback yourself.
- Motivated to create memorable experiences for guests by being top of your coffee-making game with humility. You believe that making genuine interactions with guests is just as important as making delicious coffee, and you serve as a good example to the baristas.
- 1-2 years management experience
- 1-2 years proven coffee experience preferred
- Positive communication skills- ability to correct issues at the moment
- Attend regular coffee calibrations with the training department
- Kind teacher, facilitator, effective communicator, and willing to work on your communication skills; you enjoy learning and sharing knowledge; you are able to meet others where they are at.
- Provide a safe workplace for all employees
- Attend regular management and people training meetings to build conflict resolution skills
- Complete harassment prevention training within 90-days of hire
- Complete manager ServeSafe Certification within 30-days of hire
- Complete Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion training within 90-days of hire
- Ability to do repetitive work, including tamping espresso by hand
- Comfortability working in a small space in close proximity to others
- Ability to lift 25-50 pounds
- Will be required to stand up to 8 hours
- Sometimes will need to bend, crouch, and kneel to complete tasks
Options to join Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance OR SF Medical Reimbursement Account, options to join Cal Savers IRA, and options to join commuter and flexible savings account after 60 days of employment. Sick pay starts accruing on the first day of hire and can be used after the 90th day of employment.
Monday through Friday are the only days this cafe is open. We expect the General Manager to be and in the cafes from 9 am to 5 pm each day of the week in order to support the team.
Other Application Requirements