Linea Caffe Website
Linea is a San Francisco based coffee roasting company. Linea’s renowned for our sweetness forward, certified organic coffees, award winning espresso, exacting flavor standards and its culture of kindness, joy and hospitality.
Linea has been named one of Food & Wine Magazine’s Best 11 Indie Coffee Shops in America, San Francisco Magazine’s Best Espresso, A Thrillist Best New Coffee Roaster and 2020 Good Foods Award Winner.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
Primary responsibilities are ensuring that Linea Caffe retail operating philosophy is understood, embraced, and modeled by all team members as a means of strengthening the core values of the company. Additionally the General Manager drives for results; continuously seeking improvements to enable store and company growth. The General Manager is seen as both an inspirational and operational leader at Linea. They expand and deepen passion by building strong and well developed store teams, ensuring unequaled quality, engaging customers, running clean and organized stores, driving speed of service and conducting themselves within the ethical, legal, and moral boundaries consistent with the values of Linea Caffe. This role will effectively manage and motivate the Baristas with a commitment to quality, leadership and fostering a positive work environment. The General Retail Manager is responsible for scheduling, ordering, and adhering to all safety and legal guidelines for both of Linea’s retail stores.
Position, Responsibilities, and Tasks
• Staff Development and Leadership
• Hire, onboard, train, and cultivate Baristas
• Ensure all management tasks and directives are completed in a timely manner.
• Manage, lead, and inspire retail staff and set goals and objectives to keep them engaged.
• Consistently role model excellent customer service for all team members
• Manage and guide employees to ensure company standards are met
• Deliver Barista reviews every 6 months
• Create and drive a culture of accountability
• Recognize and reward positive performance and accomplishments
• Recognize and respond to any and all performance issues with honest and direct communication, enforcing any disciplinary guidelines as outlined by the company.
• Routinely follow-up with Baristas to ensure high quality work performance
• Serve as liaison between company leadership and staff; shares and communicates company goals, messages, and news with café staff
• Facilitate communication between Director of Coffee to Barista team
• Host quarterly cafe meetings
• Maintain an aesthetically pleasing cafe environment as outlined by Director of Coffee
• Maintain a clean and organized work environment
• Implement and oversee safety and quality protocols
• Ensure a clean and welcoming café for staff and guests
• Demonstrate that customers come first by serving them with a sense of urgency
• Lead team in serving customers as a priority above other tasks int he store and ensure that customer orders are completed with a sense of urgency.
• Plan and execute the scheduling and deployment of staff to ensure that all team members for effectively together to provide excellent customer service.
• Manage completion of weekly and monthly cleaning tasks
• Seek to find solutions for streamlining operations and efficiencies (workflow, equipment, job duties, etc..)
• Ongoing development of S.O.P.s to ensure that procedures are up to date and efficient related to the workplace environment
• Collaborate with Director of Coffee to ensure high functioning cafe equipment
• Coordinate and track scheduled maintenance for cafe equipment
• Ensure all equipment is in good working order
• Report and manage repairs of broken equipment in a timely fashion
• Maintain accurate inventory of coffee, dairy, paper products, pastries and other goods
• Ensure accurate and timely order placement
• Track coffee and pastry waste in Google Drive
• Complete end of month cost of goods inventory report
• Publish employee schedules monthly
• Supervise swapping and dropping of Barista shifts within When I Work
• Review and approve time sheets each pay period
• File vendor invoices in Google Drive
• Maintain cafe operational manuals
• Schedule and Staff Cafe
• Proactively communicate essential information to staff, and roasting plant personnel. Maintain confidentiality when appropriate
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Fluent in spoken and written English.
• Ability to communicate in a clear verbal manner and hear conversations. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to listen effectively.
• Ability to communicate via email in an efficient and timely manner.
• Ability to maintain records and documents
• Ability to organize and set up systems
• Understanding of inventory management and ordering pars for retail environment
• Fluency in information systems
• Understanding of needs for daily cafe operation (staffing, coaching, delegating tasks, sense of urgency)
• Ability to form and create action plans in order to motivate staff and improve business
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
• At all times portray Linea Caffe and it’s products in a positive light
Typical working conditions
Includes long periods of standing and working on equipment.
Warehouse-type, small office, and small food-service retail environments: busy, conversationally noisy, tight quarters, sometimes stuffy, warm, dusty, and slippery, with ever-present coffee roasting aroma.
Standing, walking (on even and uneven surfaces), stooping, bending, twisting, leaning, grasping, and lifting of 50 lbs. or less.
• Team Work: Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve goals. Strong, positive, and constructive team player.
• Pressure: Ability to work effectively under pressure. Able to maintain focus when operating in a busy, distracting environment.
• Flexible/Adaptable: Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities, work environments, management styles. Able to deal skillfully and promptly to new situations, difficulties, etc.
• Receptive to Feedback: Ability to receive feedback and coaching from others on your performance, and use the feedback and coaching to learn and improve.
• Dealing with Ambiguity: Open to change and learns quickly when facing new and unfamiliar tasks or challenges.
• Decision Quality: Makes good decisions, based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment, which are perceived to be accurate when evaluated over time.
• Problem Solving: Uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems, and looks beyond the obvious, not stopping at the first answers.
• Planning: Accurately scopes-out length and difficulty of tasks and projects, and can breakdown work into the process steps. Can anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks.
• Timely Decision Making: Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure.
• Conflict Management: Sees conflicts as opportunities and finds common ground and cooperation quickly and effectively
• Approachability: Spends the extra effort to put others at-ease. Is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others.
• Presentation Skill: Effective in a variety of formal presentation settings. Commands attention and can manage group processes during the presentation.
• Understanding Others: Seeks to understand why groups do what they do. Picks-up on the sense of the group, in terms of positions, intentions, and needs, as well as what learning what they value and how to motivate them.
• Developing Others: Provides challenging and stretch assignments. Constructs compelling development plans, and holds frequent development discussions to achieve them.
$65k - $75K per year
Health, Dental, Vision. 2 Weeks Paid Vacation
Full-time, 5 days a week
Other Application Requirements
Linea Caffe is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, family care leave status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or political ideology, as these terms are defined by state, federal and local law. Linea Caffe also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees.
To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, Linea Caffe will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship would result. Any employee who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact their supervisor and request such an accommodation.
Finally, Linea Caffe prohibits harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above. For information about the types of conduct that constitute impermissible harassment, and internal procedures for addressing complaints of harassment, please refer to the restaurant’s policy against harassment.