Blackbird Guitar Website
Established in 2007, Blackbird Guitars crafts wood-free and worry-free instruments with concert-level acoustic performance. Blackbird is a premier instrument brand with a unique product line built by dedicated artisans along with a bit of aerospace technology. Blackbird instruments are made in San Francisco out of Ekoa® tone material—a natural fiber eco-friendly wood alternative that sounds better and is more durable. Blackbird employees enjoy a work culture befitting of its San Francisco's Mission district, and this is a ground floor opportunity for a hardworking individual who cares about producing quality work.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Advanced Manufacturing,
- Position is Entry-level,
• Molding and machining composite parts
• Kitting composite materials, including cutting both manually and via automated cutter
• Prepping, sanding, and glue-ups of assemblies
• Ability to follow instructions and perform detail-oriented work
• Demonstrated interest in production work
• Ability to perform detailed craftwork on instruments, including assembly and finish processes
• Interest in learning: instrument making, automated and composites manufacturing
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs regularly
• Able to operate light equipment such as a bandsaw, hydraulic press, etc.
• Assist with shop maintenance, including light fabrication and cleaning
• Focused, organized, and detailed oriented.
• Experience with building/repairing instruments, composites a plus though not required
Starting pay at $17-20/hour, depending on experience
Commuter benefits, earned paid time-off, and sick time
Other Application Requirements
All applicants must have authorization to work in the US and must not require visa sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, women, gender non-conforming people, persons with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ people, veterans, and adults of all ages are strongly encouraged to apply. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.