Ritual Coffee Website
ABOUT US: RITUAL IS CHANGING THE WAY PEOPLE KNOW COFFEE.
In 2005, when corporate coffee dominated American culture, Ritual unknowingly started a fun and exciting revolution that would ultimately help launch the new coffee movement.
We buy 90+% of our beans from producer partners that we have relationships with, setting the highest standard
in the industry. This makes sure we get our hands on the best beans in the world, but more importantly, makes sure our farmers maintain the quality of life they deserve.
Now a bona fide San Francisco original, we’ve also earned our iconic status as one of the best coffee roasting companies in the world. The mission of Ritual Coffee is simple: to make people happy by giving them the best coffee experience they’ve ever had. Ritual roasts in SoMa, and has cafes in San Francisco and Napa.
We are passionate about creating safe, welcoming, and inclusive spaces on both sides of the counter and behind the scenes at Ritual. We best achieve our mission (making people happy by giving them the best coffee experience they’ve ever had) when our staff reflects the broad diversity of people who love coffee. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical ability, experience, and perspective is part of what makes Ritual the innovative place that it is.
- Hours: Full-time,
The Ritual Coffee Head of Marketing is the creative, strategic, and collaborative person who ensures our visual and written marketing programs are aligned with our company personality and driving sales. We are looking for that special someone who is passionate about helping us scale our business to the next level through improved marketing campaigns, cohesive brand identity, systems, and cultural development.
As our Head of Marketing, you do not need to know our exact systems before you start, but you need to be committed to your own growth and the growth and success of the Marketing team, your co-workers across departments, and the company as a whole.
You are meant for this role if you are excited by creative branding work and are driven by collaboration. We’re looking for someone who knows how to create a cohesive vision, views branding work through a lens of equity and justice, and is a self-starter with a strong interest in - and appreciation for - coffee and people. If this is you, we can’t wait to meet you!
Be a key player on the Ritual leadership team
● Contribute to the overall culture and business growth using our Culture Guide as a tool for self-reflection and an ongoing commitment to self-growth, the growth in others, and the growth of the company
● Work with the leadership team to evolve and implement standards for Ritual’s culture, values, quality and customer service
● Be an active contributor, participant, and collaborator to help achieve Ritual’s day-to-day and long term goals on our leadership team
● Contribute to the overall culture and business growth by participating in or leading improvement committees and projects when needed
Lead and develop the Marketing Department
● Directly supervise a team of 2-4 people and help support their growth and development
● Observe employees, prepare for, and give meaningful, supportive, and regular feedback
● Conduct regular supervision meetings and bi-annual reviews to deliver timely, direct, and
compassionate feedback, both positive and constructive, and provide tools for employees to grow during their time at Ritual
Develop, plan, and implement holistic branding initiatives and marketing strategies for each segment of the business: Retail, Wholesale and E-Commerce
● Collaborate with Founder/CEO to develop branding initiatives and marketing strategies aligned with company values and goals
● Periodically audit packaging, signage, visual merchandising, website and social media to ensure Ritual’s visual presence represents our evolving identity
● Utilize website content, packaging, social media, press releases and newsletter to communicate brand identity and achieve marketing objectives
● Collaborate with National Sales Manager, Marketing and Digital Media Manager, and E-Commerce and Digital Marketing to plan and execute written, visual, and social media marketing campaigns
● Collaborate with National Sales Manager and Retail Operations Manager to coordinate special events, projects, signage and promotional opportunities
Make strategic decisions to ensure our Marketing campaigns are financially sound and driving sales
● Work with Founder/CEO and CFO to create manageable Marketing Budget including photography, merchandise, and special projects
● Analyze campaign performance, examining interaction metrics and sales
● Keep up to date with emerging marketing and design trends in the coffee industry, ensuring our brand presence is fresh and innovative
● Minimum 2 years experience with planning and executing marketing campaigns, preferably for a consumer packaged goods, a food and beverage brand, or e-commerce
● An approachable people-person with a high level of emotional intelligence, patience, compassion and problem solving skills
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Experience and passion for brand work through an equity and justice lens
● Design experience with Adobe Suite
● Proficiency across core technologies including Microsoft Office and Google Drive
● Strong attention to detail
● Passion for visual merchandising
● Infectious love of coffee a plus
● Experience with social media marketing
● Must be authorized to work in the United States (Required)
The physical requirements listed are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Regular and consistent attendance and the ability to sit and work with hands and arms for at least eight (8) hours per day and five (5) days per week.
● Physical ability to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, walk, crawl, push and pull items weighing up to 20 pounds.
● Stand and move throughout the office.
● Have consistent and reliable onsite attendance at the office.
● Continuous physical activity including walking, standing, twisting, sitting, bending, lifting, reaching, kneeling, stooping, crawling, wiping, climbing, pushing and pulling items weighing 50 pounds for distances of up to 20 ft.;
● Ability to perform moderately strenuous physical work and withstand temperatures of 0 degrees Fahrenheit or less and 100 degrees Fahrenheit or more;
● Proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills in English;
● Interpret and follow a variety of instructions and procedures furnished in English - written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
● Write routine reports and correspondence.
● Meet daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly and other deadlines consistently.
● Work under pressure with changing, ambiguous priorities.
● Communicate effectively and promptly to clients, vendors, and employees of the organization.
● Understand and respond to staff requests in a loud environment
● High level of manual dexterity to adeptly type and use computer equipment.
● Auditory and visual skills – Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
● Ability to work overtime occasionally at the last minute.
● Occasional Travel may be required.
Ritual Coffee strongly believes in investing in our people and our culture. We offer great benefits including subsidized medical insurance, dental insurance, and commuter benefits. All employees are eligible for paid time off, paid sick days, holidays (paid at time and a half) and a matching 401k plan.
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
Ritual Coffee Roasters, Inc. has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. Ritual Coffee Roasters, Inc. will continue to comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or strongly held religious beliefs. This policy is part of the company’s ongoing efforts to ensure the safety and-well-being of our employees, clients and community, and to support public health efforts. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.