Heath Ceramics Website
What began as a historic pottery in 1948, has evolved into a collection of businesses anchored in designing and making products, spaces, and experiences of exceptional beauty and uncompromising integrity. We are a manufacturer, led by design and sustainable business practices. We have a very diverse workplace of around 200 employees that encompasses manufacturing, retail, design, communications, digital, and administrative functions. Our original Sausalito location houses our dinnerware factory and showroom. Heath San Francisco houses our tile factory, along with a showroom, and clay studio; our SF Ferry Building location is a small, but mighty, showroom; and Heath LA, a showroom and clay studio. Learn more about our company, at heathceramics.com.
The Heath Ceramics IT Systems Technician is a full-time role focused on providing desktop support, resolving desktop issues, and helping design, implement, and support several modernization projects. IT Systems Technicians at Heath will provide customer support for day-to-day company technology needs and help manage IT infrastructure services. Heath’s IT System Technician will have excellent troubleshooting abilities, high attention to detail, and great interpersonal skills.
Heath Ceramics unique business offering as a manufacturing and retail company means the IT Systems Technician will be providing support for point of sale systems, desktop and mobile platforms, MDM, data storage platforms, voice networks, messaging and collaboration applications, security infrastructure, and performance monitoring.
- Build and maintain system documentation and infrastructure including cloud platforms
- Design, realization, and management of current and future systems; this includes automate desktop and corporate server deployments
- Infrastructure lifecycle management
- Desktop and application support, training, and troubleshooting
- Train internal customers on new systems and applications
- Capacity optimization and resource forecasting
- Support system wide-wide health checks
- Work with vendors under IT Manager supervision to effectively and efficiently utilize their services
- Report and resolve issues as they arise, and escalate as necessary
- Take ownership for assigned incidents and contact required resources both inside and outside the company necessary to resolve issues with minimum or no supervision
- Administer and check backup integrity
- Resolve complex issues, identify trends in issue reporting and report to IT Manager
*This position is a full-time, non-exempt role that offers a Hybrid Work Model with three choices; In-Office Worker (onsite 3 days or more per week), Flex Schedule (onsite 2 days or less) or fully Virtual.
*This position requires availability to be on-call over the weekends on a rotating basis, most likely one weekend per month. The IT Systems Technician may be required to be onsite at our San Francisco or Sausalito locations with two hours notice should a need arise.
*Only Bay Area candidates will be considered.
- BS/BA in a technical discipline or equivalent experience in an IT-related field
- MCSA certification preferred
- 5+ years of previous experience with system administration, network engineering, back office/infrastructure application support, desktop application support
Experience with the following systems:
-Point of Sale
- Deploying high availability systems for ERPs
- Netsuite, a plus
- Microsoft SQL Server administration
- Google Admin console, G Panel
- Operating Systems: Windows Server, macOS, Windows 10 Professional, Chrome OS, Solarwinds, Azure
- Ecommerce platforms like Shopify Plus
- Working knowledge of virtualization technologies
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure, VLANs, VPN, NAT
- Understanding of network security best practices
- Strong understanding of JAMF, zero-touch deployment methods for macOS, Windows, ChromeOS, iOS and Android
We are committed to your health and well-being. Heath offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees that includes a choice of medical plans, dental, vision, acupuncture and chiropractic, as well life insurance - premiums are 100% paid for employees. An annual 401(k) contribution that grows with job tenure. Our Employee Stock Ownership Plan provides an additional retirement benefit linked to the long-term performance of the company. We offer a generous time off allocation and a great discount on all Heath Ceramics products.
$43 - $48/hourly, based on experience.
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
At Heath, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it. Heath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce at all job levels. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.