Three Babes Bakeshop
Three Babes Bakeshop Website
Three Babes Bakeshop is a San Francisco bakery known for our pies and pastries, which are made by hand using seasonal, organic ingredients from Northern California and Central Valley farms. Though we will soon be moving into our own space in the Mission District, we currently work out of a commercial kitchen in San Francisco’s Bayview neighborhood. Our products are available seven days a week for pickup at our kitchen and delivery anywhere in San Francisco. We also sell at the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market every Saturday and ship some items nationwide. During non-COVID times, we provide desserts to select corporate wholesale accounts in the Bay Area.
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
As a kitchen assistant, you’ll be responsible for picking up produce and other ingredients at local farmers markets and from our other distributors and suppliers. You may also be called upon to deliver special orders to our customers, run errands, and help to keep our equipment running smoothly. Under the guidance of the Baking Operations Manager, Assistant Baking Operations Manager, and Head of Product (and, in their absence, the Baking Lead and Bakers) you will be responsible for, on a continuous basis, working to follow and improve our systems and processes. As a Baking Assistant, you will work under the guidance of our more experienced staff members for all tasks. Specific responsibilities for all jobs are listed below.
Responsibilities: Daily Wholesale Delivery
- Safely and accurately deliver pastries to our wholesale customers on time.
- Document delivery times and post to Slack.
- Work with delivery personnel to distribute the correct pies, complete with corresponding notes, paraphernalia, and special packaging.
Kitchen: Production and Packaging
- Assisting with fabricating breakfast pastries.
- Prepping fruit and other ingredients.
- As needed, scooping cookies and assisting with the production of pies and other baked goods.
- Building boxes and packaging pies and other baked goods for local distribution and pickup.
- Packaging pies for shipping, printing and affixing labels.
- Cleaning up and maintaining your work station and the kitchen
- Deliver larger orders to our wholesale partners and other customers.
- Pick up orders of ingredients and packaging material from our storage facility, various farmers markets, or other vendors and stores.
- Drop off product to our cold storage facility for longer term storage
- Monitor and maintain the state of our van, and make recommendations for replacement or repair of parts or accessories as needed.
- Assist with repair and maintenance of our kitchen facility and equipment as needed.
Leadership and Training:
- Take initiative and be proactive about identifying and solving issues as they happen
- Completing regular trainings to improve your skill.
Feedback, Professionalism, and Continuous Improvement:
- Work with a sense of urgency to meet the Three Babes Bakeshop Standard of Performance.
- Adhere to Three Babes Bakeshop’s Dress Code
- Use Homebase to clock in and out
- Provide and receive feedback in regular 1:1’s with your manager
- Give and receive feedback in a professional manner, contributing to an overall environment of transparency and continuous improvement.
- Attention to detail. You are organized and have a high level of focus. You are able to follow instructions and execute a checklist. You keep detailed notes so that you can follow up at the end of the day to continue improving upon our processes. You are careful and meticulous with our customers’ personal information, ensuring that their trust in us is never compromised.
- Operational chops. It’s rare that you’re ever doing one thing for very long. You can stay calm and productive while switching from delivering a large corporate order to picking up a pie delivered to the wrong address to efficiently loading a large ingredient order into the van .
- Communication. Three Babes has a positive and collaborative culture, and you must be able to resolve problems and communicate in a positive way while remaining clear and effective.
- Self-starter. Many of the systems & processes that we need have yet to be built. Our ideal candidate has no problem rolling up their sleeves and pitching in initially. We're looking for someone who's flexible, nimble, doesn't have an ego and is ok with getting their hands dirty. A positive outlook and sense of humor will serve you well.
- Experience. No professional baking experience is necessary, but you must be comfortable working on a team and must be comfortable giving and receiving feedback. You must also be able to do basic math.
- Physical Requirements. You will be required to stand for the entire time you are working on production, and lift 25 to 50 lbs on a regular basis.
- Sense of urgency. You must work with speed, efficiency and safety.
- Driving: You must have a valid California driver’s license and a clean driving record.
You love baked goods, people and teamwork. You are excited to build a deep understanding of our processes, our product, and our team dynamic. You enjoy working in an active setting and are willing to engage in physical work for an entire workday. You are open to the fact that you will not be perfect, and understand that maintaining a transparent and accountable environment is the way we help people grow and improve. You are excited by the challenge of building a sustainable business that produces some of the world’s very best pies. You like working hard and are engaged in the pursuit of excellence. You are interested in building a strong basis of institutional knowledge and have a desire to grow into organizational or operational leadership. You are a confident critical thinker who demonstrates flexibility and is able to problem solve under pressure. You have a leadership mentality, and feel a strong sense of responsibility, initiative, accountability, and willingness to continuously learn.
$16.50/hr or more depending on experience
Benefits offered include health insurance (including vision and dental), 401k matching, paid time off (including jury duty, bereavement, and family leave). Perks include free classes, discounted pies, staff snacks and activities!
Other Application Requirements