Obour Foods Website
Obour Foods is a small, local producer of gourmet hummus and tahini, founded in San Francisco in 2017. We currently operate in eight farmers' markets around the Bay Area but are growing quickly. Many say our hummus is the best they’ve ever had.
- Hours: Part-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
The Kitchen & Production Operations Manager is the backbone of production. He or she will own, oversee and manage the production of hummus, tahini, and pita chips - making sure that everything and everyone is where they need to be so that production goes smoothly each week.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Own and manage kitchen and food production operations. Assess, prioritize and delegate tasks across a production team of 3-4 people while working
- Manage scheduling and hiring of production staff
- Gain intimate knowledge of all Obour Foods products and their preparation
- Prep, measure, and weigh ingredients and food (hummus, tahini, pita chips)
- Label containers and package product
- Pack product into coolers and help load van for next-day farmers markets
- Package wholesale orders for delivery and make local deliveries as needed (paid per delivery)
- Operate commercial food production equipment (bottle labeler, Robot Coupe VCM, 140qt Hobart mixer, piston filling machine)
- Management, ordering, and receiving of inventory and ingredients.
- Responsible for managing overall cleanliness of the kitchen.
- All tasks associated with cleanup (mopping, dishwashing, etc)
What we’re looking for:
- 1+ year of experience in a high-volume food production environment
- Well-organized with experience managing a team in a commercial kitchen
- The ability to lead from the front. Building trust and respect through dependability, honesty and follow through.
- An excellent understanding of weights and measurements
- Good with numbers and can work their way through a spreadsheet
- Fluent in English
- Get-it-done attitude. Able to adapt as business grows
$22-24/hr DOE + hummus
Part Time - Hours: (20-25/hrs week) Wednesdays: 3:30pm-9:30pm Thursdays: 9am - 3pm Fridays: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
Equal Opportunity Employer. Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, women, gender non-conforming people, persons with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ people, veterans, and adults of all ages are strongly encouraged to apply. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.