Obour Foods Website
Obour Foods is a small, local producer of gourmet hummus and tahini, founded in San Francisco in 2017. We
currently operate in nine farmers' markets around the Bay Area but are growing quickly. Many say our hummus is the
best they’ve ever had. We’re inclined to agree.
- Hours: Part-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
The Kitchen & Production Operations Manager is the backbone of production.
Reporting directly to the owner, he or she will manage our service vendors, onsite team, and production of Obour’s
line of hummus, tahini, and pita chips.
This position is based in the India Basin neighborhood in SF (close to 19th and T MUNI).
- Lead kitchen and food production operations
- Production team hiring and scheduling
- Assess, prioritize and delegate tasks across a production team of 3-4 people while working alongside them
- Oversee ordering and receiving of inventory
- Gain intimate knowledge of all Obour Foods products and their preparation
- Prep, measure, and weigh ingredients and food (hummus, tahini, pita chips)
- Operate commercial food production equipment (bottle labeler, Robot Coupe VCM, 140qt Hobart mixer,
piston filling machine)
- Ensure that all products are packaged and sealed to standard
- Package wholesale orders for delivery
- Manage correct packing of product into correct coolers and loading of van for next-day farmers markets
What we’re looking for:
- 2 year min of experience in a high-volume food production environment
- 1 year min of experience managing a team in a commercial kitchen
- Excellent understanding of weights and measurements as they pertain to food and liquids
- Strong spreadsheet management skills (good with numbers)
- Highly organized with strong troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Strong leadership skills with a roll up your sleeves attitude
- Current ServSafe or Food Safety Manager Certification required
- Fluent in English for the safe and effective performance of the position
- SF based preferred
$23-25/hr+ (DOE), free hummus
Part Time - Hours: (20-25/hrs week) Wednesdays: 3:30pm-9:30pm, Thursdays: 9am - 2pm, Fridays: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
Equal Opportunity Employer. Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, women, gender non-conforming people, persons with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ people, veterans, and adults of all ages are strongly encouraged to apply. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.