Obour Foods Website
Founded in 2017, Obour Foods is a small, San Francisco-based producer of gourmet hummus and tahini. We currently operate in 12 farmers' markets around the Bay Area but are growing quickly. Many say our hummus is the best they’ve ever had. We’re inclined to agree.
The Production Operations Manager is the backbone of a food production operation that feeds thousands of people across the Bay Area each weekend.
Reporting directly to the owner, he or she will lead operations at our commissary kitchen and is responsible for production of our hummus, tahini, and pita chips; as well as management of our service vendors and onsite team.
This position is based in the India Basin neighborhood in SF, 94124 (close to 19th and T MUNI).
- Hours: Part-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
- Assess, prioritize and delegate tasks across a production team of 4-5 people while empowering and working alongside them
- Management of relationships with service vendors and suppliers
- Manage weekly customer order flow and integrate into production schedule
- Oversee ordering and receiving of raw goods and inventory
- Manage COGS and labor costs to budget.
- Manage scheduling for production team. Hire and train as needed.
- Prep, measure, and weigh bulk ingredients
- Operate and maintain commercial food production equipment (air compressor, bottle labeler, VCM, 140qt Hobart mixer, piston filling machine)
- Ensure that all products are packaged and sealed to standard
- Coordinate with other managers to set weekly expectations and goals to ensure smooth transfer of product from production to distribution to sales
- 1 year min of experience in a high-volume food production environment (CPG experience preferred)
- 6 months min of experience managing a team in a commercial kitchen
- Experience with optimizing and scaling of food production (we make LOTS of hummus).
- Excellent understanding of weights and measurements as they pertain to food and liquids
- Strong spreadsheet management skills (good with numbers)
- Highly organized with strong troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Strong leadership skills with a roll up your sleeves attitude
- Current ServSafe or Food Safety Manager Certification required
- Fluent in English for the safe and effective performance of the position
SF-based preferred with own vehicle (mileage reimbursed at standard IRS rates)
$26-28/hr + (DOE), free hummus
Monthly cell phone stipend
Part Time - Hours: (20-25/hrs week) Wednesdays: 10am-6pm, Thursdays: 9am - 1pm, Fridays: 7:30am - 3:30pm. Occasional shifts (every few weeks) on Mondays and Tuesdays.
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
Equal Opportunity Employer. Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, women, gender non-conforming people, persons with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ people, veterans, and adults of all ages are strongly encouraged to apply. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.