Luke's Local Website
Luke's Local is an independently-owned grocery business that provides food from local family farms, butchers, ranchers, and food makers. Luke's sincerely sources great food made with integrity, and is passionate about making grocery shopping an inspiring experience for Bay Area communities. We operate a bustling brick and mortar market on Cole and Parnassus in the heart of Cole Valley, and a second market in Cow Hollow that opened in November of 2020! Luke’s offers a same-day grocery delivery and pick up service from both locations. As a company, we are constantly striving to create an environment that fosters equity, inclusion, and nourishment for our customers and team members alike. Our hope is to make it possible for anyone to bring the spirit of discovery, creativity, and joy into their kitchens. We hope you’ll join us.
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
As a Line cook, you will join our talented team of chef’s and line cooks at Luke’s Local in cooking and serving high quality food for people on the go.
- Vegetable preparation (e.g. washing, chopping, etc)
- Following recipes and attention to detail
- Ability to take direction and follow instructions given by Sous Chef
- Attention and care to the final product
- Efficiency, ease, and ability to navigate throughout the kitchen
- Ability to comply with serve-safe standards and regulations
- Clean work-station mindset - your station is your house!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Punctual and reliable
- Positive, and professional “get the job done” mindset.
- Ability to work with the team
- Able to lift 25-50 pounds alone
- Experience with food preparation, service, and safety
Other Application Requirements
Luke’s Local requires all new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. All new hires will be required to be vaccinated [1st dose] prior to their first day of scheduled work OR must request an accommodation under medical or religious exemptions.