Fort Point Beer Company
Fort Point Beer Company Website
Fort Point is an independent San Francisco beer company made up of people who believe the simple things in life can be a whole lot better. Our approach to brewing is to make the familiar taste unusually delicious. We’re influenced by the craft brewing tradition, but we’re also allergic to dogma. We care most about making beers worth coming back to—beers that people are proud to enjoy and share with each other.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
As an enthusiastic and hospitable teammate, this position cooks meals using fresh and quality ingredients, precise technique, and a passion for creating thoughtful dishes for guests to enjoy with Fort Point beer. Our cooks report to and are supported by our Chef and team of Retail Managers. Cooks may be asked to support Front-of-house work (described below) and work at one or more Fort Point retail locations.
Cooks must be able to execute standard front-of-house and back-of-house capacities, including but not limited to:
- Food preparation
- Food assembly
- Kitchen cleanliness
- Sanitizer usage
- Order taking
- Serving Beer, Wine & Soft drinks
- Table, floor and guest expectation management
- Opening and closing a cash register
- Inventory control
- Cash drawer management
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat, etc.)
- Cook food using a grill, flat top, fryer, etc.
- Keep a sanitized and orderly workspace
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly (label and dating, FIFO)
- Check quality of ingredients
- Follow all procedures as required by local, state, and federal health codes
- Professionalism; keep good relationships with guests, colleagues and our neighbors
- Develop a strong understanding of Fort Point’s beers, the company, and it’s culture, and the ability to communicate this to our guests
- Hospitality; maintain a guest-first mindset; our goal is to ensure our guests leave excited about Fort Point
- Follow all procedures in opening and closing store thoroughly and timely
- Work as a team, with flexibility to assist in other roles as needed
- Communicate any issues with beer, food, facilities, or service to management
- 1-2 years experience as a cook in a restaurant with a focus on thoughtful food using unique and high quality ingredients
- Proven experience as a cook in a restaurant with a focus on thoughtful food using unique and high quality ingredients
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical ability to stand up to 8 hours a day, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, and walk
- Hand and finger dexterity for grabbing, lifting, etc.
- Ability to move at least 150 lbs., and lift at least 50 lbs.
- Proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills in English
Accrued Sick Time; Contribution to San Francisco HCSO medical account; Commuter pre-tax benefits; Discounted Planet Granite or other Gym membership; Beer and Food benefits
Other Application Requirements
Fort Point Beer Co. is committed to equal employment opportunity in all of its employment practices and makes employment decisions for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protect by state or federal law.