Bryr Studio Website
Bryr Studio is a collection of hand-made clogs inspired by the West Coast lifestyle. Founded in 2012 and based in the Dogpatch district of San Francisco, every pair of Bryr clogs are hand-made in our factory. Dedicated to the simple idea that the best products are made with the best materials, Bryr clogs are constructed using the strongest, most supple American leathers and traditional European solid wood bases.
The name Bryr (pronounced B·rye·r, like the old English word for a thorny thicket) means to care in Swedish. We believe whole-heartedly in the intrinsic value of well-made things. With a nod towards 70's California design and a closet full of vintage clogs, we hope to bring a modern eye to classic craftsmanship.
We're a team of nine kick-ass folks making clogs five days a week. Our retail space and production studio are all under one roof and we wouldn't have it any other way. The process of making each pair of clogs takes about a week, and every pair is touched by just about every person in the studio! On most days, we have the music playing, the pneumatic cutting machine going, and we are all happily making.
As part of our dedication to the diversity and inclusion of our workforce, Bryr Studio is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Apparel and Sewn Goods,
The Team: Manufacturing & Delivery team
Our Manufacturing & Delivery team is the backbone of our company, and we are looking to add individuals to our growing team who have an attention to detail, exceptional work ethic, a love for hands-on manufacturing. The Manufacturing team is responsible for delivering the highest quality products to our customers in a timely and efficient manner.
The position: Manufacturing teammate
The manufacturing teammate position job is meant for you if you’re a focused, efficient and detail-oriented person, who loves to make beautiful products and has a professional background in clog or shoe making. This is meant for you if you love refining your craft through repetition and continuous improvement. Our Manufacturing teammates thrive in team oriented places and love contributing to the success of the company.
We are seeking team players, those that understand collaboration, are self aware, seek and appreciate feedback, have a strong desire to grow, and that prioritize quality, safety, and efficiency.
You are part of a great team, and an important part of your job is collaborating with the whole team to meet your team's goals productively. As part of a member of the Bryr team, you will be expected to work collaboratively, safely, efficiently and conscientiously with your teammates, our customers, vendors and community.
Ultimately, we are looking for someone who has a passion for making beautiful products, loves finding innovative solutions and helps to evolve the way we do things to make our products better and better, supports their coworkers, and is wholeheartedly enthusiastic about growing with our business. If this is you, we can’t wait to meet you!
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Executes all of our manufacturing processes safely, efficiently and to our standards, including but not limited to cutting, stapling, prep, lasting and finishing.
- Learn any new processes that we add to our production system, and give input to the continued evolution of our processes.
- Quality control of materials, including check-in, trouble-shooting and inspection of leather and bases.
- Quality control of our production, including following our 360-bounce-back quality control process to ensure the best possible quality of our product.
- Contributes to the production space and communal spaces clean, organized and safe for everyone to use.
- Assist with floor flow, including issuing tickets, racking up orders and general flow of the room.
- Monitors inventory levels and shares with Manufacturing Manager when we need to order.
- Assists with ordering, tracking, receiving, QC and storage of materials.
- Assists the production manager with machine and procedure research and installation as needed.
- Contributes suggestions in how to make our processes and products evolve and improve over time.
- Assists with inventory intake: inspecting, receiving and recording materials, notifying production teammates when there are any issues or it’s time to reorder materials
- Contributes to the overall business culture and growth using our Culture Guide as a tool for self-reflection and an ongoing commitment to self-growth, the growth in
others, and the growth of the company.
- Contributes to the overall culture and business growth by participating in or leading improvement committees and projects when needed.
- As needed, work at Bryr seasonal events
- Assists with other projects as they arise
Physical Demands: This position is a manual job and involves physical labor, including but not limited to:
- Standing (approx 5-6 hours per day)
- Ability to see detail
- Lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Minimum 1 year experience in professional manufacturing of clogs
- Be committed to your professional growth and the growth of the company
- Be excited to learn new things and willing to get feedback
- Have technical mastery of clog making techniques, including lasting, stapling, cutting, prep, finishing.
- Ability to make complete a well-made clog to our specifications within the allotted time.
- Technical understanding of materials, including leather and bases.
- Proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English
- Additional experience: professional manufacturing of leather goods, cut and sew garments, home goods or other applicable product.
- Proficiency in email and google docs/sheets.
Entry level pay range for this position is $25.50, depending on experience, skill and expertise level
We offer a benefits package to all our full time employees which commences after a 60 day probation period that includes the following. We will share more in-depth information regarding the benefits package during the interview process: - A transparent path to growth within the company, including pay grid range. - Employee 401K profit sharing; company matches 100% of employee contributions up to the first 3% of pay and then 50% of employee contributions on the next 2% of pay. - Health, Dental and Vision benefits; company covers 60% of the premium and 40% of dependent coverage. - Life insurance and vision benefits; company covers 100% of the premium. - Employee accrued vacation pay, starting at 80 hours for 1st year and increasing to 120 hours on 2nd anniversary. - Sick hours accrued as per SF mandate. - 10 company holidays, including one floating holiday. - Commuter benefits. - Clog allowance and Friends & Family discount
Full time, 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday 8:00am–4:30pm
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements