OHIO DESIGN Website
OHIO Design is a designer and manufacturer of modern furniture and interiors including office spaces and residences. We design and make furniture and structures in metal and wood. We've been in business since 2000 and are based in San Francisco, CA. We believe in simple, honest designs and quality materials. All of our pieces are produced in our Mission-based workshop and studio.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Hours: Part-time,
- Industry: Advanced Manufacturing,
- Industry: Apparel and Sewn Goods,
Ohio Design is looking for an experienced TIG Welder/Fabricator with strong fabrication skills to work with mild steel, stainless and aluminum. Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated and focused. That person will take ownership of their work and perform to high quality standards. We are a mid-size and growing furniture design and manufacturing business located in the heart of the mission district of San Francisco, and we’re looking for someone to grow with us.
Must be proactive, energetic, responsible person with a great work ethic and good people skills.
As we are a small shop now, you must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work as a team member.
If you do not have these qualities, please do not apply.
- Must be able to efficiently build prototypes & also production weld furniture in runs up to 100 pieces. In addition to Tig welding you will be using a plasma cutter, cold saw, bending brake, shear, horizontal band saw and grinders.
- Must be able to maintain metal shop inventory and consumables inventory.
- Strong attention to Detail
- Organized / Neat
- Dependable / Stand by your word
- Efficient in time management and execution
- Natural born leader with entrepreneurial spirit.
- Action and detail oriented.
- Must have expericence TIG welding and fabricating
- Must have experience using heavy tools and hand tools.
Must have a passion for design and producing high quality products.
Health insurance supplemented
8am-4:30pm Monday - Friday; Full-Time
Other Application Requirements
Must be organized and neat and be radically open ready to contribute, learn and grow. This is not a job....it is a career or a calling type offering. We want to build and nurture very solid relationships with our employees. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.