Lowpensky Moulding Website
Lowpensky Moulding is a family owned wood moulding manufacturing plant. We’ve been in business for over 50 years. Located in San Francisco, we specialize in manufacturing custom wood moulding patterns (crown, base, casing, siding, etc.)
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Advanced Manufacturing,
- Position is Entry-level,
Are you smart and mechanically-inclined? Are you looking for an opportunity that could turn into a stable and long-term career in the lumber / woodworking industry? Lowpensky Moulding is currently seeking motivated and qualified applicants for a full-time Millworker. Day-to-day, you will be helping to select and pull lumber, setting up and assisting ripsaw and moulder runs, loading finished product onto customers' vehicles, helping around the mill as-needed, and learning to perform all of the various functions in the mill so that you can fill in when others are out sick or on vacation. Eventually, you would be groomed to take a spot as a ripsaw operator or moulder operator.
As a small business, we’re always looking for skilled people who can help in multiple positions. A smart, mechanically inclined person is a must.
- Willing to learn
- Professional attitude
- Willingness to pitch in wherever needed to help the company succeed
- Excellent attendance required
- Use of measuring tools (tape measure, calipers, etc)
- Basic math skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work in 1/16 fractions of an inch (1/32 preferred)
- Experience running a moulder (Weinig, Leadermac, etc) or ripsaw
- Experience identifying different species of lumber
- Experience maintaining and fixing machinery
80 hours paid vacation per year, paid holidays, 100% company-paid healthcare after 90 days of employment
Other Application Requirements
Equal Opportunity Employer. Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, women, gender non-conforming people, persons with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ people, veterans, and adults of all ages are strongly encouraged to apply. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.