Churn Urban Creamery
Churn Urban Creamery Website
Churn Urban Creamery + Bakery is a farm to scoop ice cream company and bakery that prioritizes high quality product standards, sustainability, and impeccable customer service. Churn is committed to producing their own eggless ice cream base and baked goods from scratch and utilizing the best quality fruits and dairy from local suppliers. Doing good for people and the environment sets Churn apart because “everything we do matters.”
We are currently seeking Churn Ice Cream Associates for our first brick and mortar location. We are looking for a candidate that’s passionate about ice cream, sustainability, and customer service and will be able to work different markets and events in the Bay Area.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare and serve ice cream, cones, and related items.
- Offer impeccable, friendly customer service and promote the brand. Must be able to explain local ingredient sources and product information.
- Following proper opening and closing procedures, maintaining a clean work environment throughout the whole shift.
- Assist in ice cream, mix-in and baked goods preparation.
- Must work with a sense of urgency.
- Must be able to be trained in proper food handling techniques and must maintain good personal hygiene.
- Learn the proper handling of the product and equipment.
- Learn to properly operate POS system and handle money/credit cards/gift cards.
- All other duties as assigned by the Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will have access to transportation in order to attend our different markets in the Bay Area.
- Is comfortable with continuously standing and repetitive use of hands and arms; grasping
- Able to start early morning shifts.
- Able to perform the following: Pushing/Pulling, Loading/unloading heavy 100+ pound cart with assistance (for mobile events) and setting up our mobile tent.
- Able to work independently and with a team, be extremely organized, responsible, and detail oriented.
- Must have a positive attitude and willingness to learn. A good sense of humor is a plus!
- Must have great interpersonal, employee relationship management, customer relations, excellent communication, and problem solving skills.
*Must be able to work weekends. *
Previous experience in customer service and food service preferred.
Must be available to work weekends.
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
- Works outdoors.
- Occasionally works in small, tight spaces
- Occasionally around wet, slippery floors or surfaces.
- Continuously working with others.