Heath Ceramics Website
What began as a historic pottery in 1948, has evolved into a collection of businesses anchored in designing and making products, spaces, and experiences of exceptional beauty and uncompromising integrity. We are a manufacturer, led by design and sustainable business practices. We have a very diverse workplace of 200 employees that encompasses manufacturing, retail, design, communications, digital, and administrative functions. Our original Sausalito location houses our dinnerware factory and showroom. Heath San Francisco houses our tile factory, along with a showroom, and clay studio; our SF Ferry Building location is a small, but mighty, showroom; and Heath LA, a showroom and clay studio. Learn more about our company, at heathceramics.com.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Hours: Part-time,
- Position is Entry-level,
We have a unique space called the Heath Newsstand in our San Francisco location. It is an evolving concept space that enables Heath to interact with the Mission District community on dynamic levels. The Heath Newsstand is a separate yet intrinsically connected part of the Heath showroom experience in San Francisco.
Expanding on some of the magazines and books we already carry in our showrooms, it features publication on food and design, a variety of magazines and newspapers, international publications and like any good newsstand, it offers refreshments and snacks. The Newsstand has something for everyone, including our local neighbors and visitors.
This role is based out of our Newsstand in the lobby of our San Francisco Showroom. Full Time and Part-Time positions are available. Candidates must have weekend availability. Full-Time positions average 30-40 hours per week and Part-Time positions average 15-20 hours per week.
As of October 2020, we committed to establishing a base rate that would support a Living Wage for each employee. We value our workers and one way we can show this is through fair pay for the roles in which they work here at Heath.
Responsibilities and Skills
- Creates a positive first impression with newsstand customers
- Exhibits an authentic and friendly approach to initiating conversation
- Knowledgeable about Heath products and various periodicals
- Implements storytelling to inspire clients to enjoy our products and company vision, Heath’s philosophy, and history
- Possesses agility to deal with diverse customers in a calm and thoughtful manner
- Accepts and takes initiative to complete daily routines, including housekeeping, product presentation, opening/closing procedures, and maintains
security of physical inventory
- Has an awareness of ticketing and inventory process
- Understands different transaction types within the POS system and ensures 100% accuracy in all tender types, including cash and charge
transactions-demonstrates strong data integrity
- Maintain overall appearance and organization of the sales and employee areas, pricing, shipment processing, restocking, and cleaning
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift, reach and grasp 30 lbs. of shipments and to push/pull carts and bins of merchandise repeatedly throughout the day
- Daily showroom activities, including the processing of shipments, merchandising product, and order fulfillment
- Visual acuity to determine the color, accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned
Part Time and Full Time
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
Proud Equal Opportunity Employer
At Heath, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it. Heath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce at all job levels. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.