unspun is a robotics and digital apparel company building custom jeans for each consumer— on demand.
Our mission is to reduce global carbon emissions by 1% through automated, localized, and intentional manufacturing. Our revolutionary tech currently powers our award-winning brand (one of TIME's Best Inventions, PopSci’s Best of What’s New, and FastCo's World-Changing Ideas), a B2B software platform for digital customization, and a completely revolutionary method of additive and automated apparel production.
Recently included in Time's Best Inventions & Fast Company's World Changing Ideas, unspun aims to rapidly transition the trillion-dollar apparel world into one that is more intentional, inclusive, and efficient by focusing on the overlap between sustainability and profitability. We’re a fully vertical & fast-moving company supported by Josh Buckley, Lachy Groom, Fifty Years, Hyper, and SOSV.
We also happen to make the best-fitting jeans on the planet. 🌍
We're looking for a motivated, handy, and friendly human to help us run the unspun HQ. This office is a wild combination of robotics, fashion, retail, and is home-away-from-home; you'll have complete responsibility (and autonomy) to keep the space (and our team) running smoothly.
- Have full responsibility for running our space & serve as mission control to the team.
- Manage team lunches, costco runs, home depot deliveries, and emergency "we need this one part before the electrical supply store closes" missions- whatever it takes to keep the ball moving. Hah just remembered that Apollo 13 scene... definitely relevant. 🤓
- Design & implement new organization tools (physical and digital) and layouts.
- Find ways to help whatever team needs it most- supporting the hardware team with big test days, giving the fit team backup when they need someone to help process orders, and assist founders with surprise projects.
- Report to our Chief of Staff (once we hire one 🙃) as a core member of our SF Ops team.
- You can wear (and love wearing) a lot of different hats. 🧢
- Multi-tasking & context switching are second nature to you. 🤹♀️
- You're comfortable working with a power tool if needed, and aren't afraid to do-it-yourself. 🔨
- You're a team player- if we were better at basketball, there's probably some analogy here about the teammate that's super good at passing the ball and keeping the game moving fast. 🤓
$40k – $50k; 0.01% – 0.05%
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
If you don't meet all of the points listed above, but can make up for it with a voracious passion to learn how to do so, we strongly encourage you to apply. We won’t roll our eyes if your socks don’t match. We get it. But then, if you spend those extra few minutes in the morning matching your socks and shirt, we get that too. Our workspaces are sometimes spotless and sometimes chaotic, and we celebrate messy exploration. We work through complex problems but generate simple and elegant solutions. We strive to look at things differently, and never do anything solely because “that’s the way it’s always been done.”
We’re a team of designers and engineers, industry-veterans and serial entrepreneurs, artists and developers. We’re aspiring chess masters and climbers, bakers and photographers. Originally spun out of Stanford and the University of Colorado, we now call downtown San Francisco home, with strong ties to Hong Kong. We are looking for teammates who share our desire to work on ambitious problems and leave the world better than we found it.
unspun is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to being a diverse team that reflects a broad range of backgrounds, thought, and experiences. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristics. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Women, minorities, and people from underrepresented backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.