Hanson Digital Website
We are a well-established, high end, digital art services studio based in San Francisco. Specializing in art reproduction, museum quality scanning & printing, prints on metal, face mounted acrylic prints and display services, we’re passionate about what we do and love the work we do.
Our projects can be challenging, yet fun. Our clients span the spectrum; Not only do we work with some of the top Bay Area artists and photographers, but we also work with corporate clients, designers and architects. Some artists have never reproduced their work previously, and we take the time to guide them through the steps and options available to them. Some are seasoned and know exactly what they want. Our goal is to have and maintain a close connection with our clients by providing a personal and connected experience with them.
While we love our work, we understand a key to a successful employee is a happy and healthy employee. A work life balance is something we support in our employees and we strive to meet needs and reasonable requests, and encourage our team members to discuss with us openly and freely.
In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Hours: Part-time,
- Position is Entry-level,
Our small and busy studio is looking to add a thoughtful, responsible and organized new member to our team with an excellent opportunity for growth. This is a very detail driven position. To start, we need someone who will be forward facing for our company. Excellent Customer Service skills, and ability to put yourself in the customer's shoes is a must. Being a small team, we depend on each other, the right candidate for this position is a proactive team player. We will count on your ability to handle the small details so we can ensure an efficient turnaround to our clients. Studio organization and cleaning with limited direction is important. You are a copious note taker which allows you to prioritize and keep track of the tasks that are given to you. Sometimes the studio can get very hectic with several jobs due at once on tight deadlines, having an ability to manage pressure and while remaining patient and understanding is critical. We offer a great work environment with plenty of opportunity for growth/advancement for the right person. We want all of our team members to feel autonomous and encouraged to carve out a role that emphasizes their unique skills. A good candidate for this job would have a strong desire to acquire new skills as our business grows and evolves.
You have a desire to be involved in the arts community and want to work in a creative environment. Equally you are organized, productive and an imaginative problem-solver/troubleshooter. Ideally you have an interest in an artistic practice yourself and are used to working with your hands. Mainly you have a very strong desire to learn and an interest in becoming part of a growing small business.
About The Position:
Your role centers on keeping the studio up and running in an organized and efficient manner. This includes:
- Monitoring email for questions, uploads and taking in Jobs from Clients/Job entering/tracking
- Meet with Clients, create estimates, work orders and invoices
- Answering and fielding calls on the main phone line
- Researching vendors and pricing for supplies
- Keeping track of Studio supplies and ordering as needed
- General filing and office administration
- Maintaining office organization systems
- Support, upkeep and regular cleaning of the studio
- Following up with Clients and sending Thank You cards
- Upkeep and increase reach of our social media pages as needed
- Set up lighting and camera for digital capture of artwork
- Learning about prepping panels for Dye Sublimation Metal Printing
- Support for our framing projects
- Learning about Print Finishing
- Basic work in Photoshop
- Scanning and Capture support
- Printing and post printing support
- Packing and shipping jobs
- Enthusiasm to learn new skills and grow
- You have a love for what you do along with a positive "can do" attitude
- Independent & proactive, but works with a team mentality
- Self starter with own ideas with excellent problem solving skills
- Extremely detail oriented
- Customer service experience
- Exceptional phone etiquette and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Good math skills
- Familiar with both Mac and PC platforms
- Extremely resourceful
- Social Media Skills
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- A good eye for visual aesthetics, composition, photography and design
- Framing experience
- Laminating/mounting experience
- Photography background/familiarity
- Photoshop skills
- Scanning experience
- Large format printing experience
- html/web design experience
- Any previous job experience with problem solving and/or working with your hands
$17-19 Per Hour, DOE (Performance Evaluation after 3 Months of Employment)
Medical Benefits after Probationary Period
Full Time & Part Time Available
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
List 5 reasons why you feel you are a great fit for this opportunity.
List 3 hobbies or extra curricular activities you enjoy.
**PLEASE PUT YOUR RESPONSES IN THE ADDITIONAL NOTES FIELD**