MMclay is a handmade ceramic tableware business run by local ceramic artist and designer, MaryMar Keenan, in her Hayes Valley studio in San Francisco. With the help of her committed and talented team of makers, MaryMar produces custom tableware collections for several restaurants and hundreds of homes worldwide. MMclay has 2 retail locations in San Francisco and has been very successful within the e-commerce market, shipping out hundreds of packages a month. MMclay produces over 1000 pieces of pottery a month and is an integral part of keeping handmade ceramic art alive in one of the most expensive cities in the country. By educating customers, meeting with high-profile restaurant industry leaders, interior designers, food stylists and anyone who appreciates beautiful pottery, MMclay has been bringing art to the table since 2014 and continues to grow and thrive.
MMclay is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status or other protected class. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
In search of a full time Operations and Marketing Coordinator at MMclay in San Francisco, located at 69 Gough St. Looking for someone who will work directly with MaryMar (owner) with regards to operations, marketing, administrative and HR responsibilities. In need of someone who is extremely organized, tech savvy, self directed and has the motivation to go above and beyond when needed. Passionate about the importance of handmade, locally made and supporting women-owned small businesses is highly desired.
- Develop administrative processes to manage a busy office
- Manage HR process and records, including running payroll, onboarding new staff and ensuring compliance
- Work directly with bookkeeper to manage accounts payable, including paying bills, recording expenses, and running any necessary reports in
- Manage accounts receivable and assist with invoicing as needed
- Manage shipping claims and returns processing. Work alongside shipping lead to track shipping expenses, breakage and supply costs
- Monitor online analytics and pull reports as needed (SEO, Google and MMClay website)
- Work alongside MM and Retail Coordinator to help maintain social media presence
- Manage online presence including Yelp, website, Google
- Assist in effort to improve social media reach and effectiveness (i.e. word of mouth, increase followers, turn followers into customers)
- Work directly with select online wholesale platforms to develop outside sales opportunities (Wescover, Habitet)
- Manage Mailchimp newsletter - elicit content from staff, design and send the newsletter, and keep database of contacts clean and up to date
- Create monthly marketing and sales reports
- Organize photos in drive according to product and line
Software proficiency needed: Google Drive, spreadsheets, Google analytics, Shopify, Quickbooks, Mailchimp
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Creative thinker
- Basic knowledge of HR needs and best practices, with a desire to learn more and become proficient
- Understanding of need to keep HR and financial records confidential
- Engaging communication style with partners (customers, chefs, designers, wholesalers)
- Customer Service oriented, ability to provide excellent service via all communication channels, including in-person”
Other Application Requirements