Taylor Jay Website
When our founder, Taylor Jay, designed her first collection of basics, there was nothing basic about them. Taylor Jay designs with every woman in mind, knowing a woman’s journey is by nature a multifaceted one. We design with the idea of elevated comfort, a concept of fashion that offers a higher level of comfort and reliability. Fashion that can effortlessly transform and adapt to every woman’s needs, challenges, style, and desires.
Our approach to fashion is intersectional. We can’t empower women and advocate for inclusion without promoting environmental consciousness. We chose to make slow fashion because women’s empowerment can’t happen without integrity and social responsibility.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Apparel and Sewn Goods,
- Location: East Bay,
Taylor Jay Collection is looking for a full time Operations and Marketing Coordinator to join their growing team in Oakland, CA. We are looking for someone who has the experience to build out and refine administrative and operations procedures for all parts of the business from HR to marketing to sales. This person will work directly with the owner to streamline existing systems and will have the opportunity to grow with the company as it grows. We are looking for someone who believes in our mission and is excited about digging into the details and building the infrastructure that will help us grow.
- Develop administrative organization needed to support a growing company
- Manage HR process, including running payroll, onboarding new employees and contractors, and ensuring compliance
- Work with bookkeeper to manage accounts payable, including paying bills, recording expenses, and running any necessary reports in Quickbooks
- Manage monthly physical inventory and coordinate with bookkeeper and virtual assistant to make sure website and accounting is up to date
- Manage overall annual production schedule and support Taylor as needed with production operations
- Oversee the annual campaign calendar: make sure website, marketing, and production calendars all align and are up to date
- Collaborate with Taylor to maintain a robust social media presence, including managing the calendar and working with design contractors
- Update website with new products, manage photography schedule and copywriting to align with marketing and production calendars
- Monitor and update third party web presence: Yelp, Google, etc.
- Monitor online analytics and pull reports as needed (SEO, Google and Taylor Jay website)
- Create monthly marketing and sales reports
Technical experience needed:
- Gmail and Google Drive
- Google Analytics
- Microsoft Office Suite, Excel/spreadsheet experience preferred
- Excited about business process and infrastructure, understand its importance to a healthy company
- Experience building robust organizational systems for small companies
- Experience with bookkeeping and AP, forecasting and cash flow analysis preferred
- Understand the need to keep HR and financial records confidential
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude,
- Willing to get into the weeds to make things happen
- Apparel or other manufacturing/retail experience preferred
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
Taylor Jay Collection is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status or other protected class.