Founded in 2010, SFMade is a groundbreaking non-profit organization focused on building San Francisco’s economic base by developing the urban manufacturing sector. The only organization of its kind, SFMade helps to retain and grow companies producing locally made products, encourages entrepreneurship and innovation and creates employment opportunities for a diverse local workforce. SFMade currently supports more than 600 San Francisco-based manufacturers employing more than 4,000 people. SFMade is viewed as a national model and has created a sister organization, PlaceMade,, which will complete its first permanently affordable building for manufacturers in 2018. SFMade will also begin to deliver youth and workforce services in San Jose during 2018.
SFMade is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, women, gender non-conforming people, persons with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ people, veterans, and adults of all ages are strongly encouraged to apply. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
- Hours: Part-time,
- Position is Entry-level,
- Position is Temporary/Seasonal,
- Participate in outreach activities (emails, phone calls) to engage San Francisco-based manufacturers
- Manage the primary data collection for the annual State of Local Manufacturing survey
- Coordinate with Data/Outreach Manager on weekly outreach data reporting
- Perform web research and data compilation for survey objectives
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Strong organizational, writing, and communication skills; attention to detail is imperative.
- Experience with Google Suite (Gmail, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Search); aptitude for picking up new skills quickly
- Strong initiative to tackle tasks with minimal supervision
- Must have access to reliable internet for remote work
- Interest in manufacturing, local business, and/or economic development
Part Time (4 hours daily, 20 hours max per week). This is a 4 week, temporary postion.
Other Application Requirements
There is a $50 phone reimbursement offered, prorated monthly hours for this position.