Speakeast Ales and Lagers
Speakeast Ales and Lagers Website
Speakeasy Ales & Lagers has been defiantly brewing small batches of beer in San Francisco’s Bayview-Hunters Point neighborhood since 1997. The brewery started with a single iconic beer, still made today, called Prohibition Ale. The hoppy amber beer embodies the spirit of bootleggers and gangsters who persevered when America’s taps ran dry.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Hours: Part-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
- Position is Entry-level,
- Operation and upkeep of kegging line
- Position work on bottling and canning lines
- Packaging preparation work
- Packaging finished product
- Organization of packaging material inventory
- Organizing and stacking of empty kegs
- Cleaning and organization of packaging and bright beer storage areas
- Assist in general brewery cleaning and preparation for events
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Strong preference given to candidates with prior brewery, bottling or manufacturing experience
- Highly organized individual who will take pride in maintaining a clean, well-functioning packaging area.
- Ability to follow stringent sanitary practices, as well as CIP protocol.
- Ability to complete repetitive movements and frequently and repeatedly lift 35 lbs, and capable of regularly moving 150 lbs
- Commitment to ensuring safe completion of complex and potentially dangerous tasks
- Ability to self-manage
- Forklift certification a plus
- Ability to work a schedule of (5) full 8-hour workdays per week, with the flexibility to occasionally work nights or weekends as needed
- A passion for craft beer!
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements