Dandelion Chocolate Website
Dandelion Chocolate is a bean-to-bar chocolate factory in San Francisco’s Mission District. We make chocolate from only two ingredients, cocoa beans and cane sugar, and travel to origins as often as we can to build good, trusting relationships with the producers who grow and ferment our beans. Our business is built upon trust and partnership, and now we’re looking for a Seasonal Fulfillment Assistant to support the operations team during the busiest time of the year by accepting incoming deliveries, overseeing product shipped and received, organizing inventory, and ensuring all orders are filled accurately.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
About The Job
As the Packaging Manager, no two days will look quite the same, and you will be responsible for managing a team of product makers to ensure that all of our final products look exquisite. A typical day might start with putting the final touches on the daily plan, ensuring we are on track to hit our making goals, and communicating the plan to the team in our morning check-in. After the meeting, you might head to our factory to help the team implement an efficiency project they’ve been working on. You’ll work with them to set milestones for tracking how this will change our daily goals over time and record all the data for your next check-in. Next, you take a look at our inventory spreadsheet, place an order for supplies, and then set up a space for deliveries in case you aren’t around to receive them. After lunch, you’ll come back for an afternoon check-in with the team, and then head out to interview a Product Maker candidate. Later, you might have a meeting with the Operations Team to devise a plan for a big custom order coming up next month. At the end of the day, you will join the team in tidying up the space, and as you head out, congratulate them on all the goals we hit that day.
You'll be reporting to the Director of Chocolate Operations and working closely with the Creative/Product design and Production teams to hit packaging goals and make products that meet the highest quality standards. Success in this role means that you consistently hit your goals, you are able to scale your team and process as we increase production, and your team is motivated and on task to make the highest quality products possible.
- Safety: Uphold company policies and safety procedures to keep everyone as safe as possible. We work with heavy machinery each day and our team members depend upon each other to maintain strict safety standards.
- Goals: Consistently hit deliverables and deadlines for gift products, packing for wholesale, and bar wrapping through effective goal setting and implementation.
- Strategy: Create and maintain a strategic daily, weekly, monthly production plan and communicate it to your team and the Head of Production so we avoid surprises.
- Quality: Maintain the highest quality standards while working with the Flavor and Quality managers to implement systems to continue to improve our products over time.
- Coaching & Team Building: Develop and grow individuals within the team and address any performance issues. Maintain an appropriate bar for talent and behavior. Meet with team members regularly to create long-term goals. Conduct interviews and coordinate with People Operations to build a healthy, adaptable team.
- Flexibility: Troubleshoot and adapt the plan for hiccups in everyday production, including broken machines, team members being out, or a new product being introduced
- Inventory: Maintain inventory and source product-making supplies to support production goals
- Making: Hands-on tasks when required.
- Other tasks as necessary
- 2+ years experience in a leadership role in a deadline-driven, team environment where setting and meeting goals is essential.
- Production planning or making experience - you easily organize a production flow and can teach others how to make things to spec.
- Project management and prioritization skills - you understand competing priorities and always try to maximize what you can accomplish with the available time and resources.
- Excellent communication skills - your communication style is approachable and clear, making it easy to coordinate with your team as well as other managers across the company.
- Organizational skills - you're a motivated, buttoned-up person who likes to plan (and back-up plan, and to backup your back-up plan) to make sure all your t’s are crossed and i’s are dotted.
- Positive attitude - People want to work with you and around you again and again.
- Computer skills - knowledge of Excel, Google Suite, and Word. Ability to learn other tools.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring standing for extended periods of time and walking throughout shift. - Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Spanish language skills a plus!
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, paid vacation and sick time, commuter benefits, and lots of chocolate tasting opportunities!
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
*How to Apply*
Dandelion is growing and we are invested in employees who take ownership over their role and are interested in contributing in a bigger way with us. If you are interested, we’d like to see your resume and a cover letter with a few sentences describing the best team you’ve worked with and why it worked so well. Keep in mind that we value passion, attitude, and hard work, so tell us what inspires you to want to join our product making team.
Dandelion is growing and we are invested in employees who take ownership over their role and are interested in contributing in a bigger way with us. You will stand out from the crowd if your resume is accompanied by a cover letter with a few sentences about your most memorable food experience. We look forward to hearing from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer. Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, women, gender non-conforming people, persons with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ people, veterans, and adults of all ages are strongly encouraged to apply. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.