Amour Vert Website
We are sustainable fashion. We create beautiful clothing with versatility in mind. We pioneer entirely new fabrics that don’t pollute. Our local supply chain and distribution channels have the lowest possible environmental impact.
97% of our clothing is made within a few miles of our San Francisco office in the best sewing and cutting shops in the Bay Area. Local production means less transportation of clothing and less of a carbon footprint. It also means we can visit the factories daily to ensure fair wages and treatment of the people who work there.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Apparel and Sewn Goods,
We are looking for a full time pattern maker to join our design atelier. The candidate will create hand drafted patterns for women’s dresses and blouses, check production patterns and support the head pattern maker. The candidate must be up to date on current design and silhouette trends.
- Create hand drafted patterns for our design atelier, with a focus on woven and knit dresses and blouses.
- Create first patterns for samples and production patterns in a timely manner.
- Work with seamstresses to explain style construction and make sure that styles are production friendly.
- Review patterns and layouts to ensure best consumption of fabric.
- Work closely with design team to help execute new product categories.
- Assist with fittings.
- Prioritize workload based on Design and calendar dates.
- Guide sample makers in proper cut info, and construction of garment.
- Review design lines of garment with Designers and Directors.
- Prepare and correct pattern to Design/fitting comments
- 5 years of experience in apparel pattern making.
- Strong knowledge in pattern making, garment construction, and manufacturing.
- Strong attention to detail and quality control.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
4 years of garment construction experience
$50,000 - $70,000 a year DOE
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements