Ritual Coffee Roasters
Ritual Coffee Roasters Website
In 2005, when corporate coffee dominated American culture, Ritual unknowingly started a fun and crazy revolution that would ultimately help launch the new coffee movement. We buy 90+% of our beans direct from our producer partners, setting the highest standard
in the industry. This makes sure we get our hands on the best beans in the world, but more importantly, makes sure our farmers maintain the quality of life they deserve. Now a bona fide San Francisco original, we’ve also earned our iconic status as one of the best coffee roasting companies in the world. The mission of Ritual Coffee is simple: to make people happy by giving them the best coffee experience they’ve ever had. Ritual roasts in SoMa, and has 6 cafes in San Francisco and Napa.
We are passionate about creating safe, welcoming, and inclusive spaces on both sides of the counter and behind the scenes at Ritual. We best achieve our mission (making people happy by giving them the best coffee experience they’ve ever had) when our staff reflects the broad diversity of people who love coffee. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical ability, experience, and perspective is part of what makes Ritual the innovative place that it is.
Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
We are looking for an experienced leader who leads with transparency and trust, and loves people and coffee, to oversee People Operations at Ritual. The People Operations Manager will develop and implement systems to find, hire, support, develop, and celebrate the diverse group of people who make Ritual the amazing company that it is. As Ritual grows, we need a People Operations Manager to foster and evolve the culture that we’ve created over the past 15 years through hiring, retention, and communication, and ensure we’re prioritizing racial equality and inclusion for the success of each of our employees. The People Operations Manager is a full-time, salaried position, based in San Francisco. The People Operations Manager reports to the owner.
● Staff and track a team of approximately 55 employees who comprise retail and catering.
● Oversee, implement, and participate in our formal culture management structure and processes, which emphasize individual supervision and
● Cultivate a supportive and inclusive work environment for all employees, and foster employee satisfaction and retention
● Ensure information is communicated effectively across departments
● Apply best practices to assist in hiring great people at the Roastery on an as-needed basis
● Support staff to consistently deliver delicious coffee to meet and exceed our quality and service standards.
● Ensure that our cafes and catering are profitable and contribute to the sustainability of Ritual and our communities – both locally and globally.
● 2+ years experience in a HR leadership role (recruiting, benefits & compensation, on boarding, etc), preferably in the customer, retail or food service
● Proven experience building healthy and inclusive diverse teams.
● An approachable people person with a high level of emotional intelligence, patience, compassion and problem solving skills
● Excellent communication and teaching skills, able to engage and inspire professional growth.
● Infectious love of coffee
● Proficiency with Google Drive, spreadsheets and general comfort with the use of technology
● Availability: on-call for emergencies, ability to be on site at cafes when urgently needed
● Must be authorized to work in the United States
Competitive, depending on qualification
We offer great benefits including subsidized medical insurance, dental insurance, and commuter benefits. All employees are eligible for paid time off, paid sick days, holidays (paid at time and a half) and a matching 401k plan.
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
Please submit your resume and a cover letter (bullet points are fine) explaining why you’d be a great People Operations Manager