Luke's Local Website
Luke's Local is an independently-owned grocery business that provides food from local family farms, butchers, ranchers, and food makers. Luke's sincerely sources great food made with integrity, and is passionate about making grocery shopping an inspiring experience for Bay Area communities. We operate a bustling brick and mortar market on Cole and Parnassus in the heart of Cole Valley, and a second market in Cow Hollow that opened in November of 2020! Luke’s offers a same-day grocery delivery and pick up service from both locations. As a company, we are constantly striving to create an environment that fosters equity, inclusion, and nourishment for our customers and team members alike. Our hope is to make it possible for anyone to bring the spirit of discovery, creativity, and joy into their kitchens. We hope you’ll join us.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
ABOUT THE JOB
This job primarily involves storing perishables, cleaning and processing fruit and vegetables, portioning dressings, and some light roasting/grilling.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Own and manage the daily task of prep, and its completion.
- Label and date any and all products prepared.
- Completing all tasks, in order, on the prep list from the Head Chef or other kitchen manager
- Labeling and stocking all ingredients on easily accessible shelves
- Washing, chopping and sorting ingredients like fruits, and vegetables
- Cleaning dishes, washing utensils and cookware, taking out the trash and sanitizing kitchen surfaces.
- Measuring quantities of products produced
- Adherence to all kitchen food safety and sanitation standards
Industrial kitchen and warehouse
- Good knife skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to work with others and as part of a team
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Experience with food preparation, service, and safety
We believe in creating a positive work culture that is always giving back to our employees. That’s why our benefits package is more robust than most. Paid vacations, 20% store discount, health, vision, and dental, commuter benefits and staff meal.
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
Luke’s Local requires all new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. All new hires will be required to be vaccinated [1st dose] prior to their first day of scheduled work OR must request an accommodation under medical or religious exemptions. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.