Bi-Rite (Hayes Valley)
Bi-Rite (Hayes Valley) Website
The Bi-Rite Family of Businesses includes two Markets (on 18th Street and Divisadero Street), the Creamery, our Catering and Commissary Kitchen, as well as the Bi-Rite Farm in Sonoma. We believe that food does more than nourish, it brings people together. As a Certified B Corporation, we believe it’s our responsibility to build meaningful relationships with each part of our extended family: the food we make and sell connects our staff, our guests, our producers, and the environment. Named one of Forbes 25 Best Companies in America, our team is comprised of entrepreneurs, dreamers, doers, artists, activists, and, of course, food lovers! If you’re a people person with a passion for heartfelt service, we invite you to Create Community Through Food with us!
Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
- Hours: Part-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
- Position is Temporary/Seasonal,
We have an opportunity for part-time/seasonal openings for Prep & Packaging Cooks. The Catering and Commissary Prep & Packaging Cook is responsible for prepping all mise en place for our house-made products and catering guests. They give outstanding service by prepping and cooking all Bi-Rite house-made goods; ensuring Bi-Rite recipes are followed accurately, and food quality and safety standards are met. Together they work with the Sous and Executive Chef to determine accurate production quantities and daily pars to fulfill wholesale, catering, special orders, and any other anticipated business needs. Additionally, they are responsible for properly receiving and putting away deliveries, organizing and rotating back stock and supplies, maintaining clean work areas and equipment, and washing dishes. Their work supports the Bi-Rite Mission Statement, Service Mission, Product Mission, 2024 Vision and Bi-Rite’s core values: Love, Passion, and Integrity.
- Creates inspiring, seasonal and delicious food for our guests; meets and exceeds the expectation of our guests.
- Follows proper food storage practices; label, date, and wrap all items as directed by managers and supervisors.
- Attention to detail to do prep work such as indicated on the production list. (peel onions, potatoes, squeeze lemon juice, etc.)
- Set-up and/or breakdown personal workstation daily including knives, cutting boards, mise en place, equipment, linens (apron, shirt, towels), etc.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a prep cook using commercial equipment and tools.
- Able to lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Able to stand for long periods of time, up to 8 hours per shift.
- Enjoy working as part of a team and collaborates professionally with others
- Able to work mornings, evenings and weekends
- English required.
ServSafe Certifiable with 30 Days of employment.
Competitive pay based on experience.
Our unique staff culture and generous benefits package sets us apart from other food businesses. We offer a 25% (alcohol 20%) discount on purchases throughout the businesses, a meal provided with your shift, medical, dental and vision plan after 60 days of employment, a 401K retirement plan with employer match, access to 18 Reason classes and the opportunity for career advancement. And of course, a team of mindful, smart and happy people to work with every day!
Part-time. Ability to work early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
We’d love for you to take the time to write a few sentences telling what you know and love about the Bi-Rite Family of Businesses, your interest in working at Bi-Rite, and what you hope to learn by working with us.