Linea Caffe Website
We are looking to hire a part-time production assistant to join our roastery team in the Potrero Hill neighborhood of San Francisco.
Linea is a San Francisco based coffee roasting company. Linea’s renowned for our sweetness forward, award winning coffees, exacting flavor standards and its culture of kindness and hospitality.
Linea has been named one of Food & Wine Magazine's Best 11 Indie Coffee Shops in America, San Francisco Magazine’s Best Espresso, A Thrillist Best New Coffee Roaster and 2020 Good Foods Award Winner.
- Hours: Part-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
Primary responsibilities are shipping, receiving and order fulfillment for Linea Caffe’s roasting facility. This entails, weighing, bagging, prepping orders for shipping, warehouse maintenance, and assisting with other production and QC duties as needed. This role takes primary direction from the Production Manager and will be assigned additional tasks and duties as needed to enable smooth operations and ensure that all orders are shipped out accurately and on time.
- Uses the documentation provided by the Production Manager to accurately label, date, and fill coffee bags
- Fulfills all orders - this includes, but is not limited to: building boxes, picking product, accurately filling boxes, labeling and sealing boxes, and stacking finished boxes in designated area.
- Maintaining a clean and organized workplace
- Developing an understanding of the product line
- Shipping and receiving duties
- Optimize speed, efficiency, and accuracy with regards to all tasks and duties
- Understand and adhere to all safety, quality, and sanitation policies
- Routine warehouse maintenance and deep cleaning
- Regular QC of own work
- Safely operate all production and packaging equipment
- Participate in weekly cuppings to understand product line
- Administrative and Customer Service communications as needed
- Other duties as needed
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Ability to communicate in a clear verbal manner and hear conversations. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to listen effectively.
- Ability to communicate via email in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ability to take and understand direction
- Ability to maintain records and documents
- Time Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Understanding of needs for daily production for a Roasting Facility (packaging, blending, receiving, shipping, etc.…).
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- At all times portray Linea Caffe and it’s products in a positive light
- Experience in the coffee industry is not required
- Forklift, Spreadsheet, and Quickbooks experience and is a plus
- A positive attitude and eagerness to learn about coffee!
$21.00 / hour
Benefits include health, dental and vision starting at 20 hours per week
This role will be approximately 15-20 hours per week with shifts Tues - Thur with some flexibility if needed. There may be an opportunity to work more hours as business picks up.
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements