Linea Caffe Website
Linea is a San Francisco based roasting company founded in 2013, known for its sweetness forward, award winning coffees, exacting flavor standards, and its culture of kindness, hospitality, and sustainability.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Hours: Part-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
Linea Caffe is hiring for Baristas at both of their San Francisco locations. The Barista role is the connection point for many of our customers, helping to bridge the gap from farm to cup. Baristas are tasked with ensuring that the quality of our coffee is realized by producing excellent beverages and delivering exemplary customer service. At times, this can be a fast paced work environment that focuses on accuracy and attention to detail. Communication and teamwork will be key elements to the success of this role. Linea hopes to foster a sense of growth, and baristas are expected to and encouraged to pursue and expand their depth of knowledge and passion for their craft and the coffee industry.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• Fluent in spoken and written English.
• Ability to communicate in a clear verbal manner and hear conversations. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to listen effectively.
• Time management: The ability to organize and manage multiple responsibilities
• Ability to learn and apply new knowledge or skills for your work. Willingness to strive for growth and improvement. Commitment to excel in your work.
• Be accountable for quality products
• Understand and follow written and verbal instructions
• Ability to work with co-workers, shift-leaders, and management
• Basic math and computing skills
• Ability to work and think independently and make quality decisions in the absence of a supervisor
• Strong customer-orientation. Ability to promote, and be accountable for, quality customer service. Can-do, friendly, professional, “Win-Win”, “Yes!” attitude.
• At all times portray Linea Caffe and it’s products in a positive light
• Team Work: Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve goals. Strong, positive, and constructive team player.
• Pressure: Ability to work effectively under pressure. Able to maintain focus when operating in a busy, distracting environment.
• Flexible/Adaptable: Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities, work environments, management styles. Able to deal skillfully and promptly to new situations, difficulties, etc.�
• Receptive to Feedback: Ability to receive feedback and coaching from others on your performance, and use the feedback and coaching to learn and improve.
• Dealing with Ambiguity: Open to change and learns quickly when facing new and unfamiliar tasks or challenges.
• Attention to Detail: Must focus and have attention to detail while multi-tasking and ensuring accuracy of orders.
• Dexterity and Repetitive Motion: must feel conformable using the dexterity of one’s hands for continuous periods of time.
• Problem Solving: Uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems, and looks beyond the obvious, not stopping at the first answers.
• Planning: Accurately scopes-out length and difficulty of tasks and projects, and can breakdown work into the process steps. Can anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks.
• Timely Decision Making: Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
• Includes long periods of standing and working on equipment.
• Warehouse-type, small office, and small food-service retail environments: busy, conversationally noisy, tight quarters, sometimes stuffy, warm, dusty, and slippery, with ever-present coffee roasting aroma.
• Standing, walking (on even and uneven surfaces), stooping, bending, twisting, leaning, grasping, and lifting of 50 lbs. or less.
• Barista Experience
• CA Driers License— a plus
$19.50/hr. More based on level of experience.
Benefits include health, dental and vision starting at 20 hours per week
The typical hours for this job are 20+ hours per week
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We thank you for your interest in a career opportunity with Linea Caffe. Due to high volume,
only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. **We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.