The Foggy Dog
The Foggy Dog Website
The Foggy Dog designs products for the modern pet parent that are as beautiful as they are functional. Pets are family, and that’s why our beds, toys and accessories are all made in the U.S. with the highest-quality materials and obsessive attention to detail. And, every order helps a shelter dogs in need.
Since launch, we have been featured in publications including Oprah Magazine, Real Simple, and Southern Living, and partnered with retailers including Anthropologie, Bloomingdale’s, CB2, Paper Source and over 300 independent boutiques around the world.
We are a small (but mighty) female-founded company, and this role is a great way to join an e-commerce startup from the ground up. You will have the opportunity to make a huge impact on a fast-growing company while gaining invaluable exposure to all aspects of running an e-commerce business. We are looking for employees who take ownership over their role and have the potential to grow with us and take on even bigger responsibilities over time.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Apparel and Sewn Goods,
The Foggy Dog we work with multiple U.S. factories to manufacture our products, and our supply chain has multiple steps and processes which require in-depth coordination and project management. The Production Coordinator will play a key role in managing our production process and will own the production calendar, vendor management, and our product database. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, high energy, organized, an excellent communicator and a self-starter. This role works hand in hand with the founder and CEO.
Please note: this job will have a fully paid trial/training period of up to 90 days, after which a formal full-time salaried offer will be given provided that the role is a mutual fit.
- Actively project manage day-to-day production operations to ensure timely delivery of finished product that meets our quality standard
- Serve as the primary point person for our U.S.-based factories and raw material vendors. Communicate on a daily basis via email and phone to ensure
orders are delivered accurately and on time
- Create, issue and receive POs for new and replenishment orders. Ensure POs contain accurate information in terms of cutting, sewing and packaging
- Oversee daily shipping/receiving logistics for all production-related items and raw materials. Track and confirm delivery of all shipments via UPS, Fed-
Ex, and carrier freight companies
- Proactively and creatively troubleshoot solutions to any and all production issues and delays, escalating issues where necessary
- Own the production calendar; track and update key production milestones for all marketing and merchandising deadlines
- Communicate extensively about timelines with internal stakeholders including customer service, fulfillment and marketing; attend weekly meetings
with those teams
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records across our product database, materials database, and inventory system
- Track inventory of raw materials/trims at our factories. Conduct regular in-person supplier site audits at our Bay Area production partners
- Maintain materials library with properly labeled content, status, and price
- Perform backend merchandising tasks including SKUing and uploading new products to our retail and wholesale platforms, managing product pre-
order status, etc.
- Other administrative and project management tasks as assigned
- 2+ years of project management experience, ideally for an apparel or manufacturing company
- Excellent project manager with the ability to multitask and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment with many overlapping deadlines and
- Obsessively organized, with extreme attention to detail
- Outspoken and not hesitant to advocate with external and internal stakeholders as needed to ensure production deadlines are met
- Strong knowledge of Excel, G-Suite and project management software like Trello/Asana
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to generate clear, concise, professional, and grammatical communications, both written and oral
- Comfortable with ambiguity; excited about developing new processes and structure
- A born problem solver who is never satisfied with the status quo and constantly wants to improve
- Positive and can-do with a willingness to roll up your sleeves & take on any task that’s needed. A desire to get things DONE above all else
A dog lover! Dogs are welcome in the office and our goldendoodle is there every day
$45-60k annually, depending on experience
We offer a comprehensive package including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, and a generous Foggy Dog product allowance
M-F 9am-5pm. This position is exempt
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter. We are a small team and every hire has a huge impact on the company, so tell us what inspires you to want to join our team. Please note that we will not evaluate resumes without cover letters.
The Foggy Dog is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EEO) that welcomes applicants and employees of all genders, races, backgrounds, orientations and nationalities. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.