Obour Foods Website
Obour Foods is a small, local producer of gourmet hummus and tahini, founded in San Francisco in 2017. We currently operate in 12 farmers' markets around the Bay Area but are growing quickly. Many say our hummus is the best they’ve ever had. We’re inclined to agree.
The Production & Packaging Associate will assist in the production and packaging of our products for sale at farmers markets and retail shops across the Bay Area.
This position is based in the India Basin neighborhood in SF (close to 19th and T MUNI).
Thursdays: 9am - 2pm
Fridays: 8:00am - 3:30pm
* Occasional shifts (every few weeks) on Mondays or Tuesdays.
- Hours: Part-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
- Food Prep: Prep, measure, and weigh large batches of ingredients (chickpeas, sesame seeds, garlic, lemon juice, spices)
- Labeling & Packaging: Operate jar labeling & packaging equipment (bottle filler, jar labeler). Work production line to package food. Ensure that all products are packaged and labeled correctly and to spec.
- Dishwashing & Cleaning: Dishwashing, taking out trash, sweeping and mopping floors at end of day.
What we’re looking for:
- 6 months min of experience in a high-volume food production environment (CPG experience a plus)
- Strong understanding of weights and measurements as they pertain to food and liquids
- Dependable and punctual
- Quick and efficient with the ability to multi-task. You excel at optimizing your efficiency across repetitive processes in a large-batch food-manufacturing environment.
- Able to navigate a spreadsheet and work with numbers
- Strong attention to detail and cleanliness.
- Fluent in English for the safe and effective performance of the position
- SF-based preferred
All the hummus you can eat! $10/month cell phone stipend
Part-Time, Wednesdays: 10am-6pm, Thursdays: 9am - 2pm, Fridays: 8:00am - 3:30pm
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.