Fyrn is a manufacturer making long-lasting and repairable products that offer an alternative to the use-and-discard furniture. We use a system of patented parts and manufacturing equipment designed and engineered in-house to produce beautiful furniture for residential and commercial spaces. Our focus is on changing ideas about manufacturing and consumption.
The workshop is about an 11 minute walk from the 16th Street BART station. Safe bike parking available inside.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Hours: Part-time,
There are a lot of steps to our process. Your days will include a variety of tasks every day from 8:00-4:30.
- Finishing (Staining)
- Picking parts for orders
- Assembling chairs and stools
- Boxing up the finished product
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Attention to detail. Our aspiration is to ship a perfect product. You should have a great eye because we are counting on you to find and reject flaws and imperfections.
- Independent spirit. Some of the tasks we do require teamwork around a table, but there are also times throughout the day you’ll be working solo. You should be ok with the chance to zen out, putting on your headphones and listening to music or a podcast.
- Everyone here is pretty nice. There is no artificial cheeriness, but we treat each other with kindness, respect, and courtesy. We work as a team so this is a must.
This is not brutal work but you are on your feet for most of an 8 hour day. Moving, reaching, lifting, bending, stacking and maybe some sweeping. It’s physical. Sometimes it’s loud so you’ll need ear protection, sometimes you’ll wear safety glasses and always (at least for now) an N95 mask which we will provide.
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Previous experience with upholstery
- Previous woodworking experience
- Production/Manufacturing experience (any industry)
Starting at $18-20 DOE
Full-time and Part-time available. Operating hours 8:00am-4:30pm
Other Application Requirements