Woosh Air (“Woosh”) is a venture backed startup focused on improving the world’s indoor air quality. Woosh was founded in California during the 2019 Wildfires by Winston Mok, a former Google product manager.
For more information, please contact [email protected]
or visit www.woosh-air.com
Diversity at Woosh Air
Woosh Air believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Woosh Air highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Woosh Air are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Hours: Full-time,
Do you methodically tinker and experiment to see how things work? Are you a builder? Do you derive satisfaction from discovering a solution to a problem and then implementing its solution? Do you thrive in an environment that allows you to modify, drill, break, glue, tape, saw, solder or 3D print your way to the answer?
As a Prototype Technician at Woosh you’ll play a critical role in solving real world engineering challenges. We iterate quickly and build custom equipment to evaluate our ideas. Our products are great because we aren’t afraid to prototype and try crazy ideas.
We’re looking for someone who asks “why?” and then figures out the “how”. You will:
- Solder and assembly prototype hardware.
- Propose, execute and evaluate experiments to solve real world engineering problems.
- Build equipment to automate repetitive tasks.
- Analyze large datasets to determine trends or the effects of product change.
We are disrupting industries with solutions that require non-traditional thinking. Successful engineers at Woosh are always learning, self-starting and tenacious.
- Experience building electric circuits, including soldering and interfacing with microcontroller development boards such as the RaspberryPi.
- Experience with a high level programming language such as Python.
-Basic understanding of radio communications theory.
- Experience reading and understanding datasheets for electrical components.
- Technical diploma/degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience with logic/protocol analyzers.
- Experience with wireless protocols such as BlueTooth Low Energy and Wi-Fi.
- Experience with AWS, particularly DynamoDB.
- Building Internet-of-Things solutions.
- Experience with 3D printers.
$60,000-80,000, Depending on Experience
Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance. Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership. The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry. Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers.
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements