Roam Robotics Website
At Roam, we build robotic exoskeletons to enhance strength, speed, and endurance for everyday people. We’ve created light , affordable robotic exoskeletons that are designed for everyday life. Whether you ski, walk, run or hike, our products make it easier to move so you can get the most out of life.
Roam exists to change the boundaries of human mobility. That boundary is different for every person, but they exist for everyone. Whether you are an Olympian, an everyday athlete, or looking to regain lost mobility, we want to power you beyond what your body currently makes possible.
This is a full-time position working at the Roam facility in San Francisco. You will work with our engineering teams to shepherd the concepts from design to manufacturing. This position is perfect for someone looking to have a significant impact on this emerging technology as we design, develop, and produce the next generation of wearable robots. Some of the specific responsibilities include: We are seeking a QA Inspector/Assembler to become an integral part of our team!
75% of your time would be inspecting parts and 25% would be on the MFG line to help assemble devices.
Must be able to work in a team-oriented atmosphere with assemblers, technicians, QA personnel, and engineers, completing tasks and communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.
Contract: 6+ months
- Hours: Full-time,
• Able to comprehend drawings and specifications of parts.
• Accurately perform quality inspections using instrumentation to ensure all specs are within tolerance. This includes surface plate inspections, visual inspections and to review conformance of data.
• Experience with Vision Based Measuring Equipment
• Proficient in the use of micrometers, calipers, height gages, and other inspection devices.
• Exhibit attention to detail, particularly with fit and finish.
• Perform First Article inspection, In Process audits/inspections, receiving inspections and Final Inspections for custom parts and sub-assemblies.
• Assist in workspace cleanliness and general organization of materials and documentation.
• Maintain quality and safety standards as outlined by company policy and procedures.
• Ability to listen to and carefully follow instructions.
• Ability to accurately, and legibly, record data on various production logs & spreadsheets.
• Troubleshoot anomalies, problem-solve, and make necessary adjustments.
• Time management and attendance.
• This is a short list of the general duties and responsibilities required, however other duties, responsibilities, instructions, or requests may be assigned by supervisors/management.
• Must be able to read and understand: assembly instructions, work orders, Bills of Materials, Standard Operation Procedures, and all other documentation used to control our products and processes.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience and/or training is preferred, however those who are mechanically inclined, show positive attitudes, have team-player mentality, and take initiative to improve their skillset and abilities will be considered.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Stand/Sit for extended periods of time, walk from machine to MFG line, and reach with arms and hands
• Use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or otherwise manipulate machines, parts, tools, and instruments.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
Other Application Requirements
Please reply with resume and date of availability.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.