Nana Joes Website
Nana Joes Granola is a fast growing women-owned granola company based in San Francisco, California. We are a self-funded company with 10 employees established in 2010. We believe in taking care of our employees and cultivating jobs within our community. We are a manufacturing company that adheres to two core values; product integrity and our community.
Provide company-wide leadership and direction for all quality assurance and food safety functions. Interface and direct, advise, and support existing quality staff to ensure food safety programs, quality standards, and legality of products manufactured throughout the organization are maintained.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
The QA Supervisor oversees the safe and quality food program at the San Francisco facility, conducts timely quality checks on production and products, approves incoming ingredients and outgoing finished products, tracks product complaints and resolves issues, and coordinates product recalls as needed. This position will report to the Operations Manager, and work closely with the management and production teams.The QA Specialist conducts routine internal audits and training to assure SQF code compliance including: GMP, Food Safe Plan, HACCP, Sanitation, Allergen Control.
As QA Supervisor you will:
- Conduct a thorough QA and Food Safety review for each specification.
- Manage vendor QA submissions for each product to ensure all necessary documentation is received.
- Provide technical guidance to vendors to assist with correct interpretation and implementation of the minimum vendor requirements.
- Support all projects by conducting technical reviews for vendor allergen validation studies and guidance on required allergen labeling.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure QA standards are upheld.
- Lead the production team through quality inspections following Good Laboratory Practices (GLP): Approve incoming raw materials and products; Approve bulk products for packing; Quality-Check manufacturing conditions, product specification, packing integrity, label compliance, and finished goods.
- Maintain regulatory compliance with Federal, State and local regulatory agencies.
- Interpret quality data and report deviations
- Manage Finished Product Sensory and Retain Program.
- Develop the factory Quality Monitoring Scheme (QMS) and be responsible for laboratory and quality records in compliance with the QMS, including proper storage and retrieval.
- Manage factory equipment maintenance, repairs and upkeep with a focus on equipment uptime.
- Conduct root cause analysis and report detail on the products on hold and release.
- Execute deposition decisions for held products.
- Be a decision-maker in areas of Product Quality and Food Safety and continuously make improvement in food safety and quality.
- Champion quality and food safety initiatives to monitor and document product, facility, and worker compliance
- Ensure all sanitation and safety guidelines are being met throughout the organization
- Oversee environmental monitoring and microbiological testing programs
- Assist plants in achieving compliance with the food safety program through training and auditing
- Organize food safety training for new company procedures and reinforce the existing procedures throughout the company
- Direct and advise customer service on complaints and technical questions
- Oversee all plant HACCP, pre-requisite quality programs, and all quality/food safety-related programs to meet regulatory and customer requirements
- Interface with regulatory agencies and customers ensuring optimum support
- Monitor compliance with FSMA rules and regulations
- Manage governmental and third-party audit programs
- Ensure plant audit corrective action plans are implemented in a timely manner
- Issue, review, and maintain all platform-level quality assurance documents
- Generate reports describing quality assurance activities, trends, and expenditures as well as communicate findings and action plans to necessary/appropriate parties
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Ability to work closely with other departments to advise and resolve issues as needed
- Strong attention to detail; strong analytical, strategic, and critical thinking skills; strong problem solving and troubleshooting ability
- Proven manager; capable of coaching and developing a team and talent
- Proven ability to manage priorities and work efficiently in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to use experience, expertise, and judgement to effectively plan and implement initiatives
- Flexible and self-disciplined; ability to work in fast-pace environment with minimal supervision and to deliver meaningful results on time
- Strong research, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer application skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point)
- Well organized and attention to micro-detail
- Ability to perform in a demanding fast paced environment
- Self starter and ability to multitask without close supervision
- Bachelor's degree in Microbiology, Food Science, or related discipline
- Previous experience in quality assurance/food safety within a food processing environment (preferred in a $5m-$10M revenue facility)
- Experience in GFSI standards, HACCP, GMP, FDA, and working with Federal and State inspectors
- Experience with audits at the plant level
- Preferable 5+ years of full time industry experience in quality control or assurance.
- SQF certification and audit experience is required.
- Experience in the development or implementation of food manufacturing Food Safety Programs preferable.
Other Application Requirements