Bi-Rite Market Website
The Bi-Rite Family of Businesses has been a San Francisco institution for more than 80 years. Today, the company includes two neighborhood Markets (on 18th Street and Divisadero), a world-renowned Creamery and solar-powered Creamery Truck, and our creative Catering and Commissary Kitchen. We believe food does more than nourish, it brings people together. As a Certified B Corporation, ranked in the top 5% for the world for our community impact, it’s our responsibility to build meaningful relationships with each part of our extended family: the food we make and sell connects our staff, our guests, our producers, and the environment. Named one of Forbes 25 Best Small Companies in America, our team is comprised of entrepreneurs, dreamers, doers, artists, activists, and, of course, food lovers!
If you’re a people person with a passion for heartfelt service, we invite you to join us on our mission of Creating Community Through Food®!
Bi-Rite Management Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We have an immediate opening for a Recruiter. In partnership with People + Culture team and hiring managers across the Bi-Rite Family of Businesses, the Recruiter is responsible for creating a world-class, equitable and welcoming candidate experience and executing on Bi-Rite’s recruitment strategy, infrastructure and processes. This role is responsible for partnering with hiring managers to develop and maintain job descriptions and job postings, sourcing active and passive candidates, producing and attending job fairs, developing and maintaining print and online recruiting materials, managing Bi-Rite’s applicant tracking system and metrics and providing training and support to all hiring managers. The Recruiter is also responsible for developing and maintaining an inclusive and diverse candidate pipeline throughout the year. This role also manages relationships and partnerships with community organizations and programs to provide job opportunities to marginalized populations throughout the Bay Area. This role will collaborate with the People + Culture team to provide a world class employee experience and develop an HR infrastructure that supports the Bi-Rite Mission, Vision 2024, and Core Values of Love, Passion, and Integrity.
- Acts as a Bi-Rite ambassador – serves as the first point of contact providing excellent service to candidates and new employees thereby ensuring they have a world-class, equitable and welcoming candidate experience and on-boarding process.
- Responsible for implementing Bi-Rite’s recruitment strategy, infrastructure and processes. Ensures all processes are well-documented and maintained.
- Participates in the development of new and creative recruitment methods, interviewing training programs, assessment methods and evaluation procedures.
- Builds and maintains job description database and partners with hiring managers to develop job postings, announcements, and interview processes. Ensure job descriptions are consistent with Staff Guide and performance competencies.
- Sources active and passive candidates via multiple channels (e.g. website, social media, applicant tracking system, internal hires, referrals, external recruiters, job fairs, job boards, etc.).
- Manages Bi-Rite’s applicant tracking system and provides training and support to all hiring managers on all aspects of recruiting regularly. Maintains accurate candidate and personnel records. Sets up and tracks recruitment metrics.
- Manages relationships and partnerships with community organizations and programs to provide job opportunities to marginalized populations throughout the Bay Area.
SUCCESS IN THIS ROLE:
- Committed to Bi-Rite's mission Creating Community Through Food ® and values of Lead with Love, Pursue with Passion, and Act with Integrity.
- Genuinely finds interest in learning about and sharing Good Food.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver great internal and external service: identifying what others need, getting it for them and taking the extra steps to ensure they have a positive experience.
- Able to work independently; possesses effective prioritization and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to follow directions and procedures, and accurately completes assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Approaches new situations and people with openness, curiosity, and humility; treats others with dignity and respect.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with shifting priorities.
- Energetic, works with a sense of urgency and adapts to the needs of the business.
- Embraces change and proposes more effective ways of working.
- Ability to fulfill the physical requirements of the role with or without accommodations.
- Ability to communicate in a concise, clear, and productive manner; seeks to understand others through active listening.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others to complete tasks and achieve shared goals.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- Committed to punctuality and exemplary attendance.
- College degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years’ experience in high-volume recruiting, preferably in a retail or food service environment
- Fluent written and spoken English required; Bi-lingual in English and Spanish strongly preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, project management, critical thinking, troubleshooting, problem solving, data analysis, presentation and process building skills; meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, sound judgment, impeccable discretion, sensitivity and creativity
- Demonstrated ability to research, evaluate and analyze complex information and situations in order to complete work or inform a decision
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize competing searches and needs; ability to balance the needs of staff and the businesses
- Demonstrated ability to connect, support and empathize with a diversity of people and perspectives
- Ability to travel to all Bi-Rite locations in the Bay Area
- Familiarity with local, state and federal employment laws and compliance requirements, especially related to recruitment
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ATS and HRIS software. Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies
Starting Pay: $65K+ DOE
40% discount on purchases (20% on alcohol); 100% paid medical, dental and vision insurance; Paid Time Off; Holiday Pay; 401(k) retirement plan with employer match (4%) and profit sharing; Paid training, field trips and volunteerism; Career advancement opportunities; A satisfying meal with your shift; Weekly on-site COVID testing; Pre-tax commuter benefits; Employee Assistance Programs; Free 18 Reasons Cooking Classes
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements