Dandelion Chocolate Website
Dandelion Chocolate is a bean-to-bar chocolate factory in San Francisco’s Mission District. We make chocolate from only two ingredients, cocoa beans and cane sugar, and travel to origins as often as we can to build good, trusting relationships with the producers who grow and ferment the beans we buy. The journey a bean takes to become a bar (or experience, gift, or hot chocolate) involves careful planning and tracking that is almost inevitably accompanied by surprises: containers get stuck on ships, bar paper arrives in the wrong color, a surprise monsoon delays a new machine from Japan, or ribbon set aside for the holidays was accidentally packed into one of four pallets headed to offsite storage. Our small but mighty team looks to our Inventory Planning and Ops Manager to forecast the sales of our items and ensure we have the right products in the right places at the right times in the right amount. Additionally, our IP and Ops Analyst will help answer various types of “what if” questions to determine the most profitable course of action across an array of choices.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, women, gender non-conforming people, persons with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ people, veterans, and adults of all ages are strongly encouraged to apply. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
About the Job
If you believe that recruiting is an integral, strategic part of an organization, this is the role for you. The Dandelion Chocolate recruiting and hiring process is our #1 secret to our day-to-day success. Our process extends far beyond cold calls and candidate funnels to understanding individual motivations, buttoned-up onboarding practices, 90-day plans, and ensuring all candidates are great fits so we can focus on providing exceptional chocolate products and experiences. You’ll be measured by annual turnover, team health, the quality of your candidates, and by your relationship with managers.
We’re looking for someone who loves team building as much as we do and who wants to champion recruiting as a core pillar of our organization. While life is unpredictable, we’re looking for someone who wants to pursue recruiting as a long-term career. Previous experience isn’t required. We can train you and you will be the best in the field. All you need is a passion for talking with people, empathy for under-staffed managers, and an ability to build finely-tuned systems and processes that will support a growing, ever-changing organization for years to come. If you have an unstoppable work ethic, excellent communication skills, are Type-A organized, couldn’t imagine doing anything less than 110%, are nearly unflappably positive, and can take feedback like a champ, we’re willing to put in the hours and effort to train you.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Position is Entry-level,
- Oversee the entire interview process – Candidates believe actions over words. Our dedication to excellence is evident when candidates receive confirmed interview times, sit down to a clean table with water carafes, and receive a response within 7 days. Even if the role isn’t the right fit, your warm demeanor & buttoned-up process makes candidates excited to apply again.
- Conduct phone screens & reference calls – Schedule and conduct initial phone screens, maintain detailed notes for the manager to review later to make sound hiring decisions. Schedule reference checks with candidate contacts so that we can hire our candidates with full confidence.
- Maintain excellent manager relationships – Work hand-in-hand with busy managers to understand what traits they prioritize in candidates and to make sure you’re able to accurately describe the role during phone interviews. You know that your success depends upon managers trusting you to build their team.
- Assist with onboarding and training – Help hiring managers outline 90-day plans while they develop their job descriptions. Prepare offer letters, onboarding materials, and schedule training sessions for hired team members to ensure an amazing first-day experience.
- Team health – Track metrics related to team health and advocate for changes to continually improve morale and decrease turnover.
- Track candidate metrics – Track applicants, response rate, and number of interviews so we can monitor our progress and make informed decisions about where to post new roles.
- Build dependable systems & processes – Our process is great though there is always room for improvement. Through training, asking for feedback, researching new tools, and tracking our metrics, we’re always looking for ways to raise the bar (pun intended!).
- Reporting – Send weekly reports to managers to keep everyone in the loop on hiring progress and metrics.
- Other tasks as necessary – No day is ever the same and each candidate is different. We look for recruiters who enjoy learning and can roll with the punches!
- Written skills – You always proofread your candidate emails. When you aren't sure whether you pore, poor, or pour over a resume, you look it up.
- Fast fingers – We type as we conduct phone screens so we can preserve as much detail for the hiring manager as possible. If you’re a touch typer, this is the role for you!
- Fluent computer skills – You can be depended upon to keep candidate notes organized in Google Docs. You use calendar reminders and email filters to stay on top of candidate responses. You can use basic formulas in Google Spreadsheets. You can unjam simple printer snafus to prevent delays.
- Organizational skills – You're a can-do, buttoned-up person who likes punctuality, responds to emails within 24 hours, and has no problem keeping track of a never-ending flow of resumes, cover letters, and interviewer notes.
- Team skills – You’re known for your positive, lighthearted demeanor. People can't wait to work with you again.
- Other skills – You can be depended upon to pick up new skills as necessary for the role.
depending on experience, $60-68k
We are proud to offer a variety of benefits and perks that our team members enjoy. All team members receive paid time off for vacation and sick time. We also offer an industry-leading subsidy on medical, dental, and vision insurance through Kaiser, Blue Shield, and the Guardian. We offer a 30% discount on all Dandelion products, a $150 annual Dandelion Chocolate gift card, chocolate and pastry tasting opportunities, free beverages and snacks, FSA benefits, commuter benefits, professional development training, safety shoe reimbursement for qualifying positions, CPR training, safety training, trips to origin, opportunities to travel to our Japan locations, and paid time to work on manager-approved internal committees that are essential to the organization.
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
Dandelion Chocolate is growing and we are invested in employees who take ownership over their role in order to contribute in a bigger way with us. You will stand out from the crowd if your resume is accompanied by a cover letter summarizing your background and interest in team building & this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you!