Recchiuti Confections Website
A premier confectioner located in San Francisco, Recchiuti Confections offers fine chocolates, gourmet caramels and fresh chocolate truffles. Everything at Recchiuti Confections is handmade in small batches using traditional European techniques.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
- Position is Entry-level,
The Retail Lead is responsible for operating the Recchiuti Confections store at the Ferry Building
Marketplace store. A key objective for the Retail Lead is managing the day-to-day operations of the Ferry
Building Marketplace Store, with a focus on coordinating In-person shoppers, direct pre-order pick-up
orders. This position also ensures that sales goals are achieved and exceeded, customer service standards are
upheld, and all operational procedures around inventory and pick up services are followed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Sales & Customer Service
• Process all order through either Square or instore POS system
• Salesmanship – ability to explain the various products to new instore pick up customers
• Assist customers with any product questions for in store pick-up sale & service
• Achieving daily sales goals
• Oversee day-to-day pick up operations of store including:
o Daily product assembly of internal Recchiuti and Marketplace pre-orders and in-person
o Opening and closing procedures
o Office supply orders
o Product receiving (coordinated with 3rd St point of contact)
• Ensuring staff and customers follow health and safety guidelines; wearing a mask over nose and
mouth, standing six feet apart and using hand sanitizer as supplied during transactions
Product Presentation & Management
• Inventory management (in conjunction with 3rd Street point of contact)
o Perform weekly store inventory of all on hand products comparing them to available
inventory noted in POS/Square
o Perform weekly lot code/date checks to ensure freshness of product, highlighting aging
• Ensure that the sales floor is adequately up stocked, signed and merchandised effectively
Health & Safety
• Ensuring the store is current on any COVID-mandated requirements from the City of SF, such as:
o Ensure sanitization, health and safety standards as set by CDC are met
Monitor health and safety documentation and ensure it is updated on a regular basis
Job Qualifications and Competencies
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to interface and communicate effectively
• Well organized, deadline oriented, flexible, and effective with multiple tasks
• Experience with Square, POS or equivalent software
• Cashiering experience with Square, POS or equivalent system
• Strong retail experience customer-focused environment
• Strong basic computer skills – experience with MS Office a must
• Well groomed
• Be computer proficient (Word, Excel, Outlook). POS systems a plus
• Fluent in English
The essential functions of this position require consistent standing and the ability to lift 40lbs unassisted.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Experience with POS systems a plus
• Experience working in a small, entrepreneurial company
• Ability to speak other languages a plus.
• Interest in artisan foods
Competitive pay based on experience.
Part Time: This position’s workweek will likely include one weekend day. Longer hours are likely during peak holiday seasons.
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
Equal Opportunity Employer. Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, women, gender non-conforming people, persons with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ people, veterans, and adults of all ages are strongly encouraged to apply. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.