Bryr Studio Website
Bryr Studio is a collection of hand-made clogs inspired by the West Coast lifestyle. Founded in 2012 and based in the Dogpatch district of San Francisco, every pair of Bryr clogs are hand-made in our factory. Dedicated to the simple idea that the best products are made with the best materials, Bryr clogs are constructed using the strongest, most supple American leathers and traditional European solid wood bases.
The name Bryr (pronounced B·rye·r, like the old English word for a thorny thicket) means to care in Swedish. We believe whole-heartedly in the intrinsic value of well-made things. With a nod towards 70's California design and a closet full of vintage clogs, we hope to bring a modern eye to classic craftsmanship.
We're a team of nine kick-ass folks making clogs five days a week. Our retail space and production studio are all under one roof and we wouldn't have it any other way. The process of making each pair of clogs takes about a week, and every pair is touched by just about every person in the studio! On most days, we have the music playing, the pneumatic cutting machine going, and we are all happily making.
As part of our dedication to the diversity and inclusion of our workforce, Bryr Studio is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Our goal is to create a fair and equitable hiring process and we are constantly evolving our interview process to improve it.
Our SF shop is re-opening soon, and we are looking for individuals to help us create an incredible in-person retail experience at our San Francisco headquarters!
The Retail Manager loves making people feel welcome and comfortable. They truly enjoy getting to know people and helping them find their personal style through clogs!. This person loves style, fashion and has a great eye and is excited to help us create a beautiful and inspiring space for our community. This person wants to constantly grow and learn in their job and life! They are humble and confident and are not afraid to share their perspective. They are a lifelong learner and share that passion for growth with others through direct and compassionate communication.
This job is meant for you if you love creating beautiful experiences- retail or otherwise. ...if you are a people-person and enjoy working with community.... if you are a creative problem solver who loves coming up with powerful solutions.... if you are a person who stays committed, rolls up your sleeves and gets it done ... if you like working in small companies where you can see your impact...if you like challenging yourself. This job will not be a great fit if you don’t enjoy collaborating with others, are not humble or compassionate.... if you aren’t willing to hear and consider other people’s perspectives....if you don't like working in a diverse environment.
If you think this could be a good fit for you, please read the detailed job description below, and send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
with your name + 'retail manager' in the title.
Areas of responsibility:
- Contribute to the overall business culture using our Culture guide as a tool for self-reflection. Have an ongoing commitment to self-growth, the growth in others, and
the growth of the company.
- Contribute to the overall culture and business growth by participating in or leading improvement committees and projects when needed.
Sales and In-person experience
- Execute the in-person experience in the Bryr retail shop, ensuring that our customers experience a welcoming, inspiring and helpful environment at Bryr.
- Work on the floor, Wednesday through Sunday, and some holidays, assisting customers with purchases.
- Give input to our annual sales goals and help create strategy to meet our quarterly and monthly goals.
- Assists the team to meet our sales goals.
Merchandising, Visual Display and Programs
- Create compelling and effective merchandising and display for the shop
- Ensure that our in-stock merchandise is organized, accounted for and easy to use.
- Work with the company owner on buying and merchandising
- Maintain positive relationship with our vendors and other brands
Planning and time management
- Execute high quality planning, time management and productivity, both personally and for the retail team to help the company achieve our goals.
- Lead planning and execution of our annual in-person sample sale and other events to increase customer loyalty and engagement
- Give input to our events calendar
- As needed Coordinate with Customer Experience Manager and Production Team on any specific customer questions or special orders.
Facilities, equipment and space
- Ensure that the retail facilities are always beautiful, organized and easy to use.
- Help to innovate our techniques, equipment and tools, to save the company money and resources, without sacrificing quality or safety.
Entry level pay range for this position is $28+, depending on experience, skill and expertise level
We offer a benefits package to all our full time employees which commences after a 60 day probation period that includes the following. We will share more in-depth information regarding the benefits package during the interview process: - A transparent path to growth within the company, including pay grid range. - Employee 401K profit sharing; company matches 100% of employee contributions up to the first 3% of pay and then 50% of employee contributions on the next 2% of pay. - Health, Dental and Vision benefits; company covers 60% of the premium and 40% of dependent coverage. - Life insurance and vision benefits; company covers 100% of the premium. - Employee accrued vacation pay, starting at 80 hours for 1st year and increasing to 120 hours on 2nd anniversary. - Sick hours accrued as per SF mandate. - 10 company holidays, including one floating holiday. - Commuter benefits. - Clog allowance and Friends & Family discount
Full time & Hourly: Wednesday-Sunday 11-7pm (These times/days may vary depending on shop opening, and this job will require working weekends and holidays)