Ritual Coffee Website
ABOUT US: RITUAL IS CHANGING THE WAY PEOPLE KNOW COFFEE.
In 2005, when corporate coffee dominated American culture, Ritual unknowingly started a fun and exciting revolution that would ultimately help launch the new coffee movement.
We buy 90+% of our beans from producer partners that we have relationships with, setting the highest standard
in the industry. This makes sure we get our hands on the best beans in the world, but more importantly, makes sure our farmers maintain the quality of life they deserve.
Now a bona fide San Francisco original, we’ve also earned our iconic status as one of the best coffee roasting companies in the world. The mission of Ritual Coffee is simple: to make people happy by giving them the best coffee experience they’ve ever had. Ritual roasts in SoMa, and has cafes in San Francisco and Napa.
Ritual Coffee Roasters is seeking a hard working, self-aware, flexible, and communicative Production Team Member at our Roastery in SoMa. The Production Team Member packages roasted coffee and prepares orders for wholesale accounts, e-commerce customers, and Ritual cafes. This position coordinates with our roasting and orders departments to ensure each order is filled efficiently and accurately.
The pace can move quickly and the emphasis is on team-work and collaboration. The well-being of Ritual’s production depends on the thoughtfulness of each person’s work and communication with one another. We rely on each-other; each person’s contribution is essential to the team’s success.
We have many moving parts. We strive for efficiency and easy flow, and we know that changes throughout a workday are inevitable. We roll with punches and treat our work and our co-workers with respect and understanding. Attention to detail is a must. It’s the little things that count! We care a lot about our craft, and take pride in our work.
- Hours: Part-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
As a Production Team Member, you do not need to know our exact systems before you start, but you need to be committed to your own growth and the growth and success of the Roastery team, your co-workers across departments, and the company as a whole.
If you like being part of a high-functioning team with repetitive and focused actions – this job might be right for you. Operations on the production line do not differ greatly from day to day, but our volume does. We approach each day, regardless of volume, with the intention of managing our time efficiently, and hitting our goals. You may not get the most creative flexibility at this job, but you can leave everyday knowing you finished what you set out to do. If this sounds like your dream, please apply.
This is a regular, part-time, hourly non-exempt position, 20-24 hours per week.
The Production Team Member will be expected to work at least one weekend day, current needs are Sunday - Tuesday.
The Director of Roastery Operations provides general supervision to the Production Team Member.
- Contribute to the overall culture and business growth using our Culture Guide as a tool for self-reflection and an ongoing commitment to self-growth, the growth in others, and the growth of the company.
- Contribute to the overall culture and business growth by participating in or leading improvement committees and projects when needed.
- Collaborate on the packaging and fulfilment of roasted coffee for all orders, shipments, and deliveries
- Maintain accountability for the accuracy, presentation and efficiency in packaging of all orders
- Fulfill goods and merchandise accurately for orders, communicate with Inventory Manager as needed
- Maintain strong communication between all Ritual departments
- Maintain a clean and safe production space, surrounding areas, and equipment
- Assist with ordering various production supplies (i.e boxes, tape, bulk and retail stickers, packing material, etc.)
- Must pay strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task and manage a variety of projects simultaneously, and ability to work in an interruption-prone environment
- Resourceful problem-solver and strong ability to resolve or smooth issues in the moment
- Must feel comfortable utilizing the dexterity of one’s hands for continuous periods of time
- Good verbal communication skills
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Excellent interpersonal one-on-one, team, and partnership skills
- Ability to keep calm and stay focused in a loud, fast-paced environment
- Be amenable to unexpected changes in workload
- Ability to take direction, yet work independently
- Ability to think strategically, with big-picture perspective
The physical requirements listed are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular and consistent attendance and the ability to sit and work with hands and arms for at least eight (8) hours per day and five (5) days per week.
- Physical ability to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, walk, crawl, push and pull items weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Stand and move throughout the cafe/ office.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentage.
- Have consistent and reliable onsite attendance at the roastery.
- Proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills in English;
- Interpret and follow a variety of instructions and procedures furnished in English - written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Meet daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly and other deadlines consistently.
- Work under pressure with changing, ambiguous priorities.
- Communicate effectively and promptly to clients, vendors and employees of the organization.
- High level of manual dexterity to adeptly type and use computer equipment.
- Auditory and visual skills – Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work overtime occasionally at the last minute.
- Stand stationary in cafe throughout the shift for periods of time (up to 8 hours per day, 5 days per week);
- Continuous physical activity including walking, standing, twisting, sitting, bending, lifting, reaching, kneeling, stooping, crawling, wiping, climbing, pushing and pulling items weighing 50 pounds for distances of up to 20 ft.;
- Ability to perform moderately strenuous physical work and withstand temperatures of 0 degrees Fahrenheit or less and 100 degrees Fahrenheit or more;
- Be able to adeptly use packaging equipment;
- Perform basic math and fractions to complete recipes
- 1+ years manufacturing or production experience
- Experience with XPS, Shopify and other mailing and e-commerce platforms
- Computer skills: Shopify, Slack, Google Docs
- CA Driver’s license - a plus
- Forklift certification - a plus
Starting wage is $18-20/hr, commensurate with experience.
Ritual Coffee strongly believes in investing in our people and our culture. We offer great benefits including subsidized medical insurance, dental insurance, and commuter benefits. All employees are eligible for paid time off, paid sick days, holidays (paid at time and a half) and a matching 401k plan.
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
Please upload your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’d be a great Production Team Member. We are passionate about creating safe, welcoming, and inclusive spaces on both sides of the counter and behind the scenes at Ritual. We best achieve our mission (making people happy by giving them the best coffee experience they’ve ever had) when our staff reflects the broad diversity of people who love coffee. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical ability, experience, and perspective is part of what makes Ritual the innovative place that it is.