Harmonic Brewing Website
Harmonic Brewing launched in Summer 2015 in Dogpatch, San Francisco, with the goal of welcoming people from all walks of life to commune over a variety of balanced, high quality beer styles. Our open plan brewery/taproom is the heart & soul of our operation, and during COVID we are safely & successfully operating one of the largest outdoor patio & street scenes in SF. We are launching a 2nd taproom, Harmonic Brewing Thrive City at Chase Center, in April/May 2021. We also self-distribute our beer to select bars, restaurants, and bottle shops, almost entirely within 10 miles.
We are seeking hardworking, service-oriented individuals to join our team, as we reemerge from the COVID crisis better than ever.
- Hours: Part-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
We are looking for a Dogpatch Runner-Barback with an interest in the craft beer service industry. We use a counter-service format, plus we take online table orders from customers in our outdoor area and run the items to their table.
The Runner-Barback will report to a Bar Shift Leader, and at times to the business owners, who will be directly involved in operations. This is a part-time (10-20 hours/week) position, with some long and demanding days working on your feet. There is strong potential for more hours or a promotion to Bartender in 6-12 months.
The main components of the job are as follows:
- Running beers & other items (snacks etc.) to outdoor tables
- Bussing & sanitizing indoor & outdoor tables
- Managing glassware & trash
- Replenishing bar & bathroom supplies from supply closet
- Replenishing & reorganizing beer in walk-in cooler, including changing kegs & restocking cans
- Opening setup & closing cleanup duties
- Potentially helping with non-bar duties around the brewery/taproom, when asked
- Attending & contributing to all-staff meetings, and potentially developing & implementing new practices and procedures with Shift Leader & Owners
- Available to start work in March/April 2021
- Proven experience as Runner or Barback, or other relevant role
- Knowledge of and interest in learning more about the craft beer industry
- Commitment to excellent service and professionalism
- Work well within a team environment & willingness to learn
- Ability to balance slower times with busier peak times
- Strong problem-solving aptitude and ability to make decisions fast
- Ability to stand for long periods and lift significant weight (kegs)
- High school degree minimum
$16.07/hour plus partial share of pooled tips
Discounts on food, beer, and apparel.
Other Application Requirements
Include a brief description of why you’re the best candidate for the job along with your submitting your resume.