Juniper Ridge Website
We are a wilderness fragrance manufacturing company. Over the last 20 years, Juniper Ridge has grown into a classic west coast home and body care brand with the goal to share the restorative fragrances of the plants and trees encountered backpacking and hiking throughout the western United States through its products. We formulate our products from wild-harvested and sustainably sourced native plants and use our own essential oils to create a range of aromatic products, including colognes, soaps, essential oils, and incense.
Today, Juniper Ridge is a women-led, independent company based on the O2 Artists Aggregate, a sustainable eco-industrial lot, in Oakland, California. From this home base, our brand’s diverse, committed team formulates, manufactures, and ships its home and body care offerings around the world.
Juniper Ridge Wilderness Defense Program: Every year, through our Wilderness Defense Program, we donate 10% of our sales to organizations that fight to keep the wilderness wild.
- Assists with projects and activities for the development of new business and technical systems. Maintaining long-term relationships with our current customers to meet assigned goals and objectives.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from current and previous accounts, newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet/Social Media/Web sites, and other sources. Converts previous into new sales, such as MailChimp unsubscribed customers, inactive customers in QB, and more.
- Works with manager to develop prices quotes, credit terms, sales contracts, and estimates for the date of delivery to customers.
- Coordinates with Sales Assistant on invoicing orders in QuickBooks to be transferred to the shipping department
- Will attend tradeshows, sales events, and in-store training and demos as needed.
- Meets monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue goals, while maintaining customers in the sales pipeline
- Works with Sales Assistant to keep account activities and literature up to date, as well as Sales Team documents in the G-drive
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into a computer database.
- Assists with maintaining CRM/ERP for the sales team and upkeep with backend logistics.
- Assists in proposal writing and presentations, including online and video. • Monitors profitability and performance of existing products and services. • Coordinates various marketing fulfillment duties and systems including direct mail, packages, letters, catalogs, and other sales literature.
- Assists in implementing public relations programs, online events, and trade shows.
- Participates in new market research and design.
- Conducts customer surveys to obtain marketing information about organization products and services for new product launches.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Microsoft Suite – Word, and Excel
• Google Suite - Email, Drive, Meetings, Chat, etc.
• Experience with ERP systems
• Proficient in Quickbooks
• Internet/Social Media - Chrome or Internet Explorer, email functionality; Social Media functionality, digital marketing functionality.
• Phone – Relative functionality, multi-line system.
• Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
• Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. • Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
• Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
• Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Recurring movement of boxes, collateral, or work equipment required.
• The employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Medical and Dental health coverage, 8 paid holidays + accrued PTO, 4 day work week in West Oakland, CA (partial or full remote work can be considered), A casual and fun work environment
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements