Dandelion Chocolate Website
Dandelion Chocolate is a bean-to-bar chocolate maker in San Francisco’s Mission District. We make chocolate from only two ingredients, cocoa beans and cane sugar, and travel to origins as often as we can to build good, trusting relationships with the producers who grow and ferment the beans. We’re always searching for flavorful, quality cocoa beans and now we’re seeking a positive, detail-oriented Factory Assistant who will ensure that the farmer’s and producer’s dedication, care, and attention is reflected in the high quality of our chocolate. We can’t do it without you -- the quality of our chocolate is a direct reflection of our seamless operations comprised of teamwork, learning, and a deep desire to continuously improve.
You’ll be working with a team of very passionate chocolate makers in a dynamic and unique environment. While there are always unexpected surprises (a machine breaks, a shipment of sugar is delayed), everyone goes home knowing that today we did good work and our chocolate continues to get better and better. You’ll spend mornings supporting a clean startup of our tempering line; ensuring molds are clean and ready for making bars. You will work through daily, weekly and monthly sanitation tasks, focused on keeping our environment clean and organized. When we’re caught up on cleaning, you may help make boxes and pack them with ground chocolate, or complete pack out of bars for our customers. Every task you tackle is done to the highest quality.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Position is Entry-level,
- Sanitation of food contact surfaces/materials - Follow our quality systems and chemical supplier guidance to properly clean bar molds, plates, hand tools, buckets, bins and equipment to support the Chocolate Production team.
- Cleaning and organizing -- Wash dishes and tools using our industrial dishwasher. Tidy and organize chocolate production areas including cleaning chocolatey areas to ensure a safe, clean, and hazard-free workspace at all times.
- Maintaining cleaning materials inventory - You keep all cleaning supplies in-stock, communicating low levels with production leadership as required.
- Safety-minded -- We work with heavy machinery each day and our team members depend upon each other to maintain strict safety standards.
- Team work -- You have a positive attitude and people want to work with you again (and again and again.)
- Other tasks as necessary
When working repetitive tasks you easily slip into a zen state of mind. You are eager to help the team, offering assistance where it is needed. You are self-motivated and feel great satisfaction with a spotless workspace where every item is in its place. Throughout the day, you work efficiently and with an eye for the quality standards necessary for the factory space. The team knows they can always rely on you to help them clean up a chocolate spill or give an extra hand when a task takes longer than expected. Above all, you are a team player with a passion for working with a quality product.
- Availability -- Available full-time, 6:30am-3pm or 8am-4:30pm, Monday- Friday, some weekends for monthly and deep cleanings.
- Kitchen or factory experience -- Previous experience working in a kitchen is a huge plus, especially the habits of washing hands, labeling and dating finished products, and working thoughtfully around others.
- Physical Strength -- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, walking and standing throughout shifts.
starts at $22.50/hour
The benefits and perks continue beyond a robust chocolate education. Dandelion Chocolate constantly invests in our people and culture. All team members have the option to enroll in our 401k program. All employees receive paid vacation time, holiday pay, and paid sick time. In addition, our team members enjoy commuter benefits, FSAs, local gym discounts, chocolate tasting opportunities, the chance to travel to origin and our Japan locations, and a range of opportunities to grow and develop within the company.
Full time; 6:30am-3pm or 8am-4:30pm, Monday- Friday, some weekends for monthly and deep cleanings
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
Dandelion is growing and we are invested in employees who take ownership over their role and are interested in contributing in a bigger way with us. You will stand out from the crowd if your resume is accompanied by a cover letter with a few sentences about your most memorable food experience. We look forward to hearing from you!