Dandelion Chocolate Website
Dandelion Chocolate is a bean-to-bar chocolate factory in San Francisco’s Mission District. We make chocolate from only two ingredients, cocoa beans and cane sugar, and travel to origins as often as we can to build good, trusting relationships with the producers who grow and ferment our beans. Our business is built upon trust and partnership, and now we’re looking for a Seasonal Fulfillment Assistant to support the operations team during the busiest time of the year by accepting incoming deliveries, overseeing product shipped and received, organizing inventory, and ensuring all orders are filled accurately.
- Hours: Full-time,
- Industry: Food and Beverage,
- Position is Entry-level,
- Position is Temporary/Seasonal,
About the Job
There is no such thing as a typical day, but your morning might start by clearing the space in front of the launchpad to ensure deliveries will not be hindered. Once you have checked in with the team, you pick product and begin neatly packing up bars of chocolate with personal notes for customers. You pack each order with care, packing ice packs when it’s going to a hot area and packing extra bubble wrap when there is something breakable like our hot chocolate vial. You hear that the café team is running low on paper bags, so you help the delivery driver load up the van and make sure to note the change in inventory so that your coworker is prepared the next morning. Before the end of the day, you organize yourself for the next day and tidy the area, returning your supplies to their labeled home and clearing tables of odds and ends. This 30-40 hour per week seasonal position pays $16.50/hour and starts in early November through the end of December.
You love a clean and organized workspace. When supplies show up, you methodically consolidate boxes and rearrange the space to proactively designate a destination for tomorrow’s box of treats from one of our collaborators. When you notice the backstock of cups for our cafe locations is looking a little low you communicate the need to order new supplies. Every day you enter a zen state of mind while packaging orders for customers, double-checking the contents, and adding a handwritten note when appropriate. You imagine the customer opening that box and are always mindful to pack it in a way that avoids broken chocolate or a bent note. Throughout the day you regularly update others about potential setbacks and ask for help when needed, proactively solving problems saves everyone a headache. When your methodical process of filling orders is interrupted by a delivery, or you have to drop everything to help move in a new pallet, you pick up your work as you left it and take pride in finishing the day with every order fulfilled.
- Pack customer and wholesale orders for daily shipments. Prepare delivery requests for other Dandelion Chocolate locations.
- Maintain an organized and clean workspace -- chocolate can make a mess!
- Process incoming goods and consolidate products and supplies.
- Maintain positive relationships with external delivery drivers
- Track inventory of products and supplies and let the team know if we are running low on important supplies.
- Keep loading dock clear for deliveries.
- Communicate effectively with team and across multiple departments.
- Other tasks as necessary
- Available Monday-Friday starting at 7:00 am starting early November through the end of December.
- Positive, helpful attitude with excellent attention to detail and a mind for keeping spaces organized. Willing to accommodate last minute requests.
- Able to work independently, prioritizing work to meet deadlines, and help the team achieve department goals.
- Physically able to be on your feet for long periods of time and repeatedly lift up to 50lbs.
- Comfortable using Google Products like Gmail
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
$16.50 Per Hour
30-40 Hours Per Week, Seasonal
Cover letter Required
Other Application Requirements
Dandelion is growing and we are invested in employees who take ownership over their role and are interested in contributing in a bigger way with us. You will stand out from the crowd if your resume is accompanied by a cover letter with a few sentences about your most memorable food experience. We look forward to hearing from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer. Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, women, gender non-conforming people, persons with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ people, veterans, and adults of all ages are strongly encouraged to apply. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.